Compaq DLT1 Super Loader 1280 BENCHMARK DLT1 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Compaq DLT1 Super Loader 1280 BENCHMARK DLT1 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I am trying to integrate the Benchmark DLT1 16-slot autoloader with BackUpExec 8.6 . I can see the drive, but cannot see the 16-slots through BUExec, and therefore cannot use the robotic functionality of the device (instead I am ...

  1. Compaq DLT1 Super Loader 1280 BENCHMARK DLT1

    Hi,
    I am trying to integrate the Benchmark DLT1 16-slot autoloader with
    BackUpExec 8.6 . I can see the drive, but cannot see the 16-slots through
    BUExec, and therefore cannot use the robotic functionality of the device
    (instead I am using this 16-slot device as a sinlge-slot device ... any
    moving of tapes from slots to drive is done manually by myself from front
    panel).

    I have tried suggestions as per "Device driver release 20020315 and
    Autoloader release 32 for BENT v8.6 ONLY (Intel), Techfile ID 246206" where
    it asks to update the tape and robotic drivers from the 'bnt86idrv32.exe'
    file. This did not help.

    The OS is NT 4.0 SP6a ..... running BUExec 8.6 ....... server is Compaq
    ProLiant 1850R ....... autoloader connected via Smart Array 221 controller
    card.

    -Jazz.

  2. Re: Compaq DLT1 Super Loader 1280 BENCHMARK DLT1

    "Jazz Deol" wrote

    > The OS is NT 4.0 SP6a ..... running BUExec 8.6 ....... server is Compaq
    > ProLiant 1850R ....... autoloader connected via Smart Array 221 controller
    > card.

    Are you sure using SA221 for a backupdevice
    is a supported configuration? I doubt that.

    Ole Thomsen

  3. Re: Compaq DLT1 Super Loader 1280 BENCHMARK DLT1

    "Jazz Deol" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I am trying to integrate the Benchmark DLT1 16-slot autoloader with
    >BackUpExec 8.6 . I can see the drive, but cannot see the 16-slots through
    >BUExec, and therefore cannot use the robotic functionality of the device
    >(instead I am using this 16-slot device as a sinlge-slot device ... any
    >moving of tapes from slots to drive is done manually by myself from front
    >panel).
    >
    >I have tried suggestions as per "Device driver release 20020315 and
    >Autoloader release 32 for BENT v8.6 ONLY (Intel), Techfile ID 246206" where
    >it asks to update the tape and robotic drivers from the 'bnt86idrv32.exe'
    >file. This did not help.
    >
    >The OS is NT 4.0 SP6a ..... running BUExec 8.6 ....... server is Compaq
    >ProLiant 1850R ....... autoloader connected via Smart Array 221 controller
    >card.
    >
    >Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >-Jazz.

    I had the same problem until I went to an Adaptec controller (39160 - Dual
    controller I believe 29160 is single) and used the BE drivers. It doesn't
    seem to work with most of the integrated controllers or RAID controller I
    have.

+ Reply to Thread