Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have a Small Business Server 2000 and Vertias BE 8.6. I know that there were probally posts in here and forgive me if this has been posted before. I want BE to send out a email notification if ...

  1. Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000

    Hi,

    I have a Small Business Server 2000 and Vertias BE 8.6. I know that there
    were probally posts in here and forgive me if this has been posted before.

    I want BE to send out a email notification if the email had been good, bad,
    or aborted. I want this to be sent to 2 people in the office.

    I have Exchange 2000 set up on my SBS server. When I try to set up the
    notification for the job I get this error "The Mailbox Name or Password are
    incorrect". OK so what do I do...look in the book. It only has
    instructions for NT. Is there something that I am missing. On the server I
    am logged in as Administrator and its the same Administrator and password
    that is used for BE.

    Any advice is appreciated

    --
    Travis Krampy
    WTW Architects

    --

  2. Re: Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000

    Do you have an Exchange email client like Outlook installed on the server?
    BE sends notification emails through an email profile created with an
    exchange based email client.

    "Travis Krampy" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Small Business Server 2000 and Vertias BE 8.6. I know that there
    > were probally posts in here and forgive me if this has been posted before.
    >
    > I want BE to send out a email notification if the email had been good,

    bad,
    > or aborted. I want this to be sent to 2 people in the office.
    >
    > I have Exchange 2000 set up on my SBS server. When I try to set up the
    > notification for the job I get this error "The Mailbox Name or Password

    are
    > incorrect". OK so what do I do...look in the book. It only has
    > instructions for NT. Is there something that I am missing. On the server

    > am logged in as Administrator and its the same Administrator and password
    > that is used for BE.
    >
    > Any advice is appreciated
    >

    > --
    > Travis Krampy
    > WTW Architects
    > Pittsburgh PA
    >
    > --

  3. Re: Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000

    No I dont have Outlook installed on the Server. Should I install Outlook on
    the server? SHould that clear up my problem?

    --
    Travis Krampy
    WTW Architects

    --
    "Scott" <2> wrote in message news:3dab2239$1@hronntp01....
    > Do you have an Exchange email client like Outlook installed on the server?
    > BE sends notification emails through an email profile created with an
    > exchange based email client.
    >

    > "Travis Krampy" wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a Small Business Server 2000 and Vertias BE 8.6. I know that

    there
    > > were probally posts in here and forgive me if this has been posted

    before.

    > > I want BE to send out a email notification if the email had been good,

    > bad,
    > > or aborted. I want this to be sent to 2 people in the office.
    > >
    > > I have Exchange 2000 set up on my SBS server. When I try to set up the
    > > notification for the job I get this error "The Mailbox Name or Password

    > are
    > > incorrect". OK so what do I do...look in the book. It only has
    > > instructions for NT. Is there something that I am missing. On the

    server
    > > am logged in as Administrator and its the same Administrator and

    password
    > > that is used for BE.
    > >
    > > Any advice is appreciated
    > >

    > > --
    > > Travis Krampy
    > > WTW Architects
    > > Pittsburgh PA
    > >
    > > --

  4. Re: Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000

    You need to set up Outlook on the server with a valid exchange account. Name
    your Outlook profile something you can remember. In BE use that Outlook
    Profile name and account credentials to set up email notification.

    Scott
    > No I dont have Outlook installed on the Server. Should I install Outlook

    on
    > the server? SHould that clear up my problem?
    >
    > --
    > Travis Krampy
    > WTW Architects
    > Pittsburgh PA
    >
    > --
    > "Scott" <2> wrote in message news:3dab2239$1@hronntp01....
    > > Do you have an Exchange email client like Outlook installed on the

    server?
    > > BE sends notification emails through an email profile created with an
    > > exchange based email client.
    > >

    > > "Travis Krampy" wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I have a Small Business Server 2000 and Vertias BE 8.6. I know that

    > there
    > > > were probally posts in here and forgive me if this has been posted

    > before.
    > > >
    > > > I want BE to send out a email notification if the email had been good,

    > > bad,
    > > > or aborted. I want this to be sent to 2 people in the office.
    > > >
    > > > I have Exchange 2000 set up on my SBS server. When I try to set up

    the
    > > > notification for the job I get this error "The Mailbox Name or

    Password
    > > are
    > > > incorrect". OK so what do I do...look in the book. It only has
    > > > instructions for NT. Is there something that I am missing. On the

    > server
    > > > am logged in as Administrator and its the same Administrator and

    > password
    > > > that is used for BE.
    > > >
    > > > Any advice is appreciated
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > Travis Krampy
    > > > WTW Architects
    > > > Pittsburgh PA
    > > >
    > > > --

  5. Re: Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000

    I see. So when I set it up, I can set up the Administrator to have an
    outlook profile. Or would it better setting up as like a valid dummy
    profile in Excahnge?

    --
    Travis Krampy
    WTW Architects

    --
    "Scott" <2> wrote in message news:3dab2a09$1@hronntp01....
    > You need to set up Outlook on the server with a valid exchange account.

    Name
    > your Outlook profile something you can remember. In BE use that Outlook
    > Profile name and account credentials to set up email notification.
    >
    > Scott
    > "Travis Krampy" wrote in message
    > > No I dont have Outlook installed on the Server. Should I install

    Outlook
    > on
    > > the server? SHould that clear up my problem?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Travis Krampy
    > > WTW Architects
    > > Pittsburgh PA
    > >
    > > --
    > > "Scott" <2> wrote in message news:3dab2239$1@hronntp01....
    > > > Do you have an Exchange email client like Outlook installed on the

    > server?
    > > > BE sends notification emails through an email profile created with an
    > > > exchange based email client.
    > > >

    > > > "Travis Krampy" wrote in message

    > > there

    > > before.

    good,
    > > > bad,

    > the

    > Password
    > > > are

    > > server

    > > password

  6. Re: Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000

    Reading through some of these....

    I saw that I should create a BE Account? Why cant I just use the
    Administrator Account that I made in the first place? Do I have to make a
    BE Account?

    --
    Travis Krampy
    WTW Architects

    --
    > I see. So when I set it up, I can set up the Administrator to have an
    > outlook profile. Or would it better setting up as like a valid dummy
    > profile in Excahnge?
    >
    > --
    > Travis Krampy
    > WTW Architects
    > Pittsburgh PA
    >
    > --
    > "Scott" <2> wrote in message news:3dab2a09$1@hronntp01....
    > > You need to set up Outlook on the server with a valid exchange account.

    > Name
    > > your Outlook profile something you can remember. In BE use that Outlook
    > > Profile name and account credentials to set up email notification.
    > >
    > > Scott
    > > "Travis Krampy" wrote in message
    > > > No I dont have Outlook installed on the Server. Should I install

    > Outlook
    > > on
    > > > the server? SHould that clear up my problem?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Travis Krampy
    > > > WTW Architects
    > > > Pittsburgh PA
    > > >
    > > > --

    > > server?

    an

    that
    > > > there
    > > > before.

    > good,

    up
    > > the

    > > Password

    the
    > > > server
    > > > password

  7. Re: Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000

    I always use the exchange account that has the same login credentials as the
    BE services are using..usually administrator. Set up Outlook with the
    administrator credentials and use that that profile.

    > Reading through some of these....
    >
    > I saw that I should create a BE Account? Why cant I just use the
    > Administrator Account that I made in the first place? Do I have to make a
    > BE Account?
    >
    > --
    > Travis Krampy
    > WTW Architects
    > Pittsburgh PA
    >
    > --
    > "Travis Krampy" wrote in message
    > > I see. So when I set it up, I can set up the Administrator to have an
    > > outlook profile. Or would it better setting up as like a valid dummy
    > > profile in Excahnge?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Travis Krampy
    > > WTW Architects
    > > Pittsburgh PA
    > >
    > > --
    > > "Scott" <2> wrote in message news:3dab2a09$1@hronntp01....
    > > > You need to set up Outlook on the server with a valid exchange

    account.
    > > Name
    > > > your Outlook profile something you can remember. In BE use that

    Outlook
    > > > Profile name and account credentials to set up email notification.
    > > >
    > > > Scott
    > > > "Travis Krampy" wrote in message

    > > Outlook
    > > > on

    > > > server?

    > an

    > that

    posted

    > > good,

    > up
    > > > the
    > > > Password

    > the

  8. Re: Veritas 8.6 and SBS 2000

    Cool thanx!!!

    --
    Travis Krampy
    WTW Architects

    --
    "Scott" <2> wrote in message news:3dac0b40$1@hronntp01....
    > I always use the exchange account that has the same login credentials as

    the
    > BE services are using..usually administrator. Set up Outlook with the
    > administrator credentials and use that that profile.
    >

    > "Travis Krampy" wrote in message
    > > Reading through some of these....
    > >
    > > I saw that I should create a BE Account? Why cant I just use the
    > > Administrator Account that I made in the first place? Do I have to make

    > > BE Account?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Travis Krampy
    > > WTW Architects
    > > Pittsburgh PA
    > >
    > > --
    > > "Travis Krampy" wrote in message
    > > > I see. So when I set it up, I can set up the Administrator to have an
    > > > outlook profile. Or would it better setting up as like a valid dummy
    > > > profile in Excahnge?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Travis Krampy
    > > > WTW Architects