Backupexec or NEtbackup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backupexec or NEtbackup - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi Guys, Got a question for you ppls's.We are looking at netbackup as opposed to backupexec 8.6.One of the reason's is that apparently BE doesnt have any agents to backup unix\linus or sun box's.I have looked on veritas site and ...

  1. Backupexec or NEtbackup

    Hi Guys,

    Got a question for you ppls's.We are looking at netbackup as opposed to
    backupexec 8.6.One of the reason's is that apparently BE doesnt have any
    agents to backup unix\linus or sun box's.I have looked on veritas site and
    cant find a agent for these....could anyone confirm this for me and perhaps
    let me know what the diffrence is.Can netbackup run on a windows platform as
    well...I always thought netbackup could only be run on a solaris box?

    thanks
    Ryan

  2. Re: Backupexec or NEtbackup

    Backup Exec do have agent for linux and unix...
    have a look...

    Netbackup do support windows platform
    cheers

    "Ryan" wrote in message news:3da297d6@hronntp01....
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > Got a question for you ppls's.We are looking at netbackup as opposed to
    > backupexec 8.6.One of the reason's is that apparently BE doesnt have any
    > agents to backup unix\linus or sun box's.I have looked on veritas site and
    > cant find a agent for these....could anyone confirm this for me and

    perhaps
    > let me know what the diffrence is.Can netbackup run on a windows platform

    as
    > well...I always thought netbackup could only be run on a solaris box?
    >
    > thanks
    > Ryan

  3. Re: Backupexec or NEtbackup

    Backup exec does have a client for unix, it a tar file that needs to be
    unpacked and cofigure on the unix or sun boxex. Currently backing up Solaris
    on Utra 60s with BE
    "Ryan" wrote in message news:3da297d6@hronntp01....
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > Got a question for you ppls's.We are looking at netbackup as opposed to
    > backupexec 8.6.One of the reason's is that apparently BE doesnt have any
    > agents to backup unix\linus or sun box's.I have looked on veritas site and
    > cant find a agent for these....could anyone confirm this for me and

    perhaps
    > let me know what the diffrence is.Can netbackup run on a windows platform

    as
    > well...I always thought netbackup could only be run on a solaris box?
    >
    > thanks
    > Ryan

+ Reply to Thread