Labeling media still 000000 in version 8.6 BackupExec - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Labeling media still 000000 in version 8.6 BackupExec - Veritas Backup Exec ; Recently I change my DLT Robot from a DLT4000 to a VS80. First I learned that compatibility from DLT4000 to VS80 is only read (not write). Thatīs OK. But when I loaded my VS80 with blank DLT with no label ...

  1. Labeling media still 000000 in version 8.6 BackupExec

    Recently I change my DLT Robot from a DLT4000 to a VS80. First I learned that
    compatibility from DLT4000 to VS80 is only read (not write). Thatīs OK. But
    when I loaded my VS80 with blank DLT with no label (and I have automatic
    labeling configurated) the next morning the VS80 had made a backup but didnīt
    label it. I started to label manual a blank tape and the VS80 return with
    label 000000. My question is: Why doesnīt labeling work? Has anyone seen
    this before?

    Take care
    Joakim Hagström

  2. Re: Labeling media still 000000 in version 8.6 BackupExec

    "Joakim" wrote:

    >Recently I change my DLT Robot from a DLT4000 to a VS80. First I learned

    that
    >compatibility from DLT4000 to VS80 is only read (not write). Thatīs OK.

    But
    >when I loaded my VS80 with blank DLT with no label (and I have automatic
    >labeling configurated) the next morning the VS80 had made a backup but didnīt
    >label it. I started to label manual a blank tape and the VS80 return with
    >label 000000. My question is: Why doesnīt labeling work? Has anyone seen
    >this before?
    >
    >Take care
    >Joakim Hagström

    i have. i guess it's a bug in the autoloader driver that veritas provides
    for the VS80. i am going to create an e-mail based support call for that.
    guess i will be getting a bag of useless answers and silly advise (like rebooting
    etc.) - as usual. we'll see.....

    olli krollmann

  3. Re: Labeling media still 000000 in version 8.6 BackupExec

    that's what veritas support told me about this issue:

    The problem of "label 000000" occurs due to firmware (4a2c) on the autoloader.
    Updating to the latest firmware on the autoloader would resolve the issue.

    Further , update the device drivers.
    [8.6 (All Builds) - Device Driver Release (20021101) and Robotic Library

    Release (36) (Intel Only) ]

    good luck,
    olli krollmann

  4. Re: Labeling media still 000000 in version 8.6 BackupExec

    guess this has something to do with 4A2C Firmware

  5. Re: Labeling media still 000000 in version 8.6 BackupExec

    Olli / Alex ....ur issue resolved with that f/w soln??

    I too have a somewhat similar on my 1/8 autoloader

    ~liu

+ Reply to Thread