Hi, I am looking for s ome assistance with failed back-up jobs. For the last
few days I had a failed Back-up job and the reason for the failure was
corrupt files in the Exchange Directories. So I deleted those e-mails and
the back-up ran fine for about two nights.

When I looked this morning, the back-up failed again. This time it failed
because the back-up was unable to open the item "access denied".

Even though the error messages were different, it is still happening to the
same users exchange mailbox. I don't want to keep deleting these e-mail
messages when there is an error. Could the second error "Access Denied"
be because he accidently left the file open? Does anyone else have an ideas
on how this can be fixed?

Thanks so much!
Allison