How to clean stand alone drive? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to clean stand alone drive? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Python 04106, Backup Exec 8.0. I don't understand how to clean this tape drive. When try to make new Clean job, the "Run now" button is disabled and drive list is empty. When simple insert clean tape cartridge it rejected ...

  1. How to clean stand alone drive?

    Python 04106, Backup Exec 8.0.
    I don't understand how to clean this tape drive. When try to make new Clean
    job, the "Run now" button is disabled and drive list is empty. When simple
    insert clean tape cartridge it rejected after some seconds. Please, help.

  2. Re: How to clean stand alone drive?

    All it takes is a few seconds to clean.
    "Dilys" wrote in message news:3d9d4f6b$1@hronntp01....

    > Python 04106, Backup Exec 8.0.
    > I don't understand how to clean this tape drive. When try to make new

    Clean
    > job, the "Run now" button is disabled and drive list is empty. When simple
    > insert clean tape cartridge it rejected after some seconds. Please, help.

  3. Re: How to clean stand alone drive?

    Is this a loader or a single drive? If it's a single tape drive, you have
    succesfully cleaned it by inserting a cleaning media. Yes, it's supposed to
    eject in a few seconds (about 30 seconds).

    "Dilys" wrote in message news:3d9d4f6b$1@hronntp01....

    > Python 04106, Backup Exec 8.0.
    > I don't understand how to clean this tape drive. When try to make new

    Clean
    > job, the "Run now" button is disabled and drive list is empty. When simple
    > insert clean tape cartridge it rejected after some seconds. Please, help.

+ Reply to Thread