Installing Backup Exec Upgrade on Clean Install - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Installing Backup Exec Upgrade on Clean Install - Veritas Backup Exec ; I just done a clean install of NT SBS 2000 and I can not get the Backup Exec 8.5 Upgrade to install. It gives a message saying the previous version can not be found but never offers an opportunity to ...

  1. Installing Backup Exec Upgrade on Clean Install

    I just done a clean install of NT SBS 2000 and I can not get the Backup Exec
    8.5 Upgrade to install. It gives a message saying the previous version can
    not be found but never offers an opportunity to provide the CD or S/N for
    the previous version.

    Is there a way to get this going?

  2. Re: Installing Backup Exec Upgrade on Clean Install

    Real PITA isn't it?

    You can contact Veritas and give them the original install and upgrade
    serials, and they will sent you back a
    new install.

    E-Mail support at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...BEWNT&crumb=on
    (URL may be wrapped)
    or call the sales office nearest you and be prepared to fax the info in.

    Kenneth wrote:

    >I just done a clean install of NT SBS 2000 and I can not get the Backup Exec
    >8.5 Upgrade to install. It gives a message saying the previous version can
    >not be found but never offers an opportunity to provide the CD or S/N for
    >the previous version.
    >
    >Is there a way to get this going?

+ Reply to Thread