BE v8.6 and NAS devices - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE v8.6 and NAS devices - Veritas Backup Exec ; From Ken Putnam's reply to an earlier posting I now know that I need Remote Server Agent for each network server that I want to select using my new copy of BE v8.6. However, a couple of my "servers" are ...

  1. BE v8.6 and NAS devices

    From Ken Putnam's reply to an earlier posting I now know that I need Remote
    Server Agent for each network server that I want to select using my new copy
    of BE v8.6. However, a couple of my "servers" are LINUX-based NAS devices
    that I cannot load software onto, per se.

    Is v8.6 Remote Server Agent actually software that installs onto the remote
    servers or is it just a license serial number that enables features on the
    BE server?

    If actually software, how to I use with NAS?

  2. Re: BE v8.6 and NAS devices

    Veritas does not support NAS devices that are not build on an NT or W2K OS
    unless that OS emulates NT/W2K

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237737.htm

    "Randy Maixner" wrote:

    >From Ken Putnam's reply to an earlier posting I now know that I need Remote
    >Server Agent for each network server that I want to select using my new

    copy
    >of BE v8.6. However, a couple of my "servers" are LINUX-based NAS devices
    >that I cannot load software onto, per se.
    >
    >Is v8.6 Remote Server Agent actually software that installs onto the remote
    >servers or is it just a license serial number that enables features on the
    >BE server?
    >
    >If actually software, how to I use with NAS?

+ Reply to Thread