Backup Exec causing Server reboot? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec causing Server reboot? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Backup exec ver 8.6, Win2k server- sp2, We are experiencing server reboots when Backup exec runs- getting the following error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xe3231485, 0x00000001, 0xbda06515, 0x00000001). Event ID 1001.- It coud ...

  1. Backup Exec causing Server reboot?

    Backup exec ver 8.6, Win2k server- sp2, We are experiencing server reboots
    when Backup exec runs- getting the following error:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050
    (0xe3231485, 0x00000001, 0xbda06515, 0x00000001).
    Event ID 1001.- It coud be a coincedence but it seems to only happen during
    an active backup. This is a new problem and the ony thing that has changed
    was some minir MS security updates applied. Any ideas.

  2. Re: Backup Exec causing Server reboot?

    I have this problem on my NT 4.0 sp6 running BE 8.5. Did you ever get any
    server and I would love to avoid having to do that if there is a fix.

    Thanks!

    Michele Alberts
    Technology Assistant
    "Technology + Teamwork = Success"

    Hale Lane Peek Dennison and Howard

    "Chares Web" wrote:

    >Backup exec ver 8.6, Win2k server- sp2, We are experiencing server reboots
    >when Backup exec runs- getting the following error:
    >The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050
    >(0xe3231485, 0x00000001, 0xbda06515, 0x00000001).
    >Event ID 1001.- It coud be a coincedence but it seems to only happen during
    >an active backup. This is a new problem and the ony thing that has changed
    >was some minir MS security updates applied. Any ideas.

  3. Re: Backup Exec causing Server reboot?

    I had some issues with the server rebooting and blue screening on the reboot
    and another server that had what sounds like the same issue as yours. I
    found that uninstalling Veritas and reinstalling but do not include the Veritas
    Tape Drivers or the Robotic Library Device Drivers. Make sure you have the
    lastest manufacturer device drivers. When Veritas install is complete DO
    NOT REBOOT. Install hotfix 19 and then reboot. On the reboot install the
    remaining hotfixes from Veritas and the manufacturer device drivers. YOU
    MUST INSTALL ANY SP's BEFORE HOTFIXES! Then reboot again. This seems to
    have fixed my problems. I my experience it tends to be device drivers that
    cause most of these issues.

    Hope this helps.

    Steve

    "Chares Web" wrote:

    >Backup exec ver 8.6, Win2k server- sp2, We are experiencing server reboots
    >when Backup exec runs- getting the following error:
    >The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050
    >(0xe3231485, 0x00000001, 0xbda06515, 0x00000001).
    >Event ID 1001.- It coud be a coincedence but it seems to only happen during
    >an active backup. This is a new problem and the ony thing that has changed
    >was some minir MS security updates applied. Any ideas.

+ Reply to Thread