Can't Abort - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't Abort - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have an occasional problem I hope someone can help with. I have a WinNT server (4.0, sp6a) that is running BE version 7.2. Occasionally the backup will hang on a particular file during the backup process and when I ...

  1. Can't Abort

    I have an occasional problem I hope someone can help with. I have a WinNT
    server (4.0, sp6a) that is running BE version 7.2. Occasionally the backup
    will hang on a particular file during the backup process and when I try to
    abort the job...it won't. I mean, the console says the job is in abort
    status, but it never aborts. At that point I cannot shut down the service
    or end the process or anything...I always have to re-boot the server to gain
    control.

    Any ideas? TIA

  2. Re: Can't Abort

    You can use de kill.exe utility (Resource Kit) to kill the BENT process...
    itīs works..

  3. Re: Can't Abort

    What build of v7.2? IF it's not 1616, I 'd suggest grabbing that and upgrading.
    May or may not make a difference, but 1616 was pretty stable for me.

    "Michael Thornton" wrote:
    >I have an occasional problem I hope someone can help with. I have a WinNT
    >server (4.0, sp6a) that is running BE version 7.2. Occasionally the backup
    >will hang on a particular file during the backup process and when I try

    >abort the job...it won't. I mean, the console says the job is in abort
    >status, but it never aborts. At that point I cannot shut down the service
    >or end the process or anything...I always have to re-boot the server to

    gain
    >control.
    >
    >Any ideas? TIA

  4. Re: Can't Abort

    From the product support page at http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_BEWNT.htm
    select support downloads, then filter for "v7.2" and "install"
    Make sure you grab both the x03 and ACC files.

    "Michael Thornton" wrote:
    >I'm on build 1227...so maybe I will give 1616 a try...how do i get that?
    >
    >"Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    >>
    >> What build of v7.2? IF it's not 1616, I 'd suggest grabbing that and

    >upgrading.
    >> May or may not make a difference, but 1616 was pretty stable for me.

  5. Re: Can't Abort

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > What build of v7.2? IF it's not 1616, I 'd suggest grabbing that and

    upgrading.
    > May or may not make a difference, but 1616 was pretty stable for me.
    >
    > "Michael Thornton" wrote:
    > >I have an occasional problem I hope someone can help with. I have a

    WinNT
    > >server (4.0, sp6a) that is running BE version 7.2. Occasionally the

    backup
    > >will hang on a particular file during the backup process and when I try

    > >abort the job...it won't. I mean, the console says the job is in abort
    > >status, but it never aborts. At that point I cannot shut down the

    service
    > >or end the process or anything...I always have to re-boot the server to

    > gain
    > >control.
    > >
    > >Any ideas? TIA

+ Reply to Thread