BackupExec 8.6 and HSG80 Snapshots ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BackupExec 8.6 and HSG80 Snapshots ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Just a small question: We run BE on a backup server which does have a SAN connection to a shared storage controller Compaq HSG80. What we need is to script the creations of PRODUCTIONS RAID SETS to SNAPSHOTS and give ...

  1. BackupExec 8.6 and HSG80 Snapshots ?

    Just a small question:

    We run BE on a backup server which does have a SAN connection
    to a shared storage controller Compaq HSG80.

    What we need is to script the creations of PRODUCTIONS RAID
    SETS to SNAPSHOTS and give acces to the snapshoted drives
    to the backup server. Till here there is no prob. Anything
    works pretty well.

    The prob show up when in the BE scheduler we have more then 1
    job running or in queue, there respective PRE EXECUTION SCRIPT
    (which delete previous snapshot and creat the one needed for
    the next backup with HW rescan) is executing BEFORE the previous
    job ends for real. Driving us to a dieing job and hanged backups...

    Any ideas how to workaround ?

    Thanks in advance,
    Agnès

  2. Re: BackupExec 8.6 and HSG80 Snapshots ?

    Rather than guess when the previous job will complete, and then scheduling
    the next at that time, you can use the BEMCMD utility as a POSTJOB command
    to release the next job.

    It should be in the \Utils dir on the install media. Do a "BEMCMD > BEMCMD.TXT"
    to get a listing of all switches and their meanings.

    "Agnès" wrote:

    >Just a small question:
    >
    >We run BE on a backup server which does have a SAN connection
    >to a shared storage controller Compaq HSG80.
    >
    >What we need is to script the creations of PRODUCTIONS RAID
    >SETS to SNAPSHOTS and give acces to the snapshoted drives
    >to the backup server. Till here there is no prob. Anything
    >works pretty well.
    >
    >The prob show up when in the BE scheduler we have more then 1
    >job running or in queue, there respective PRE EXECUTION SCRIPT
    >(which delete previous snapshot and creat the one needed for
    >the next backup with HW rescan) is executing BEFORE the previous
    >job ends for real. Driving us to a dieing job and hanged backups...
    >
    >Any ideas how to workaround ?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >Agnès

+ Reply to Thread