Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check) - Veritas Backup Exec ; My backups keep failing with the CRC error. I'm using a DELL (or rather Quantum) Powervault SDLT 110 tape drive, and VERITAS driver update bnt86idrv32. Please can someone advise if this is the right driver update or where I can ...

  1. Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

    My backups keep failing with the CRC error. I'm using a DELL (or rather Quantum)
    Powervault SDLT 110 tape drive, and VERITAS driver update bnt86idrv32. Please
    can someone advise if this is the right driver update or where I can get
    the right one?
    I've also changed the tape device, SCSI cable, terminator and tried using
    a different SCSI card on the server all with very limited success.
    Thanks for any help anyone can give

  2. Re: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)

    if you haven't already, have a look at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192216.htm which has a load of possible
    causes of CRC errors.

    "Peter Smith" wrote in message

    > My backups keep failing with the CRC error. I'm using a DELL (or rather

    Quantum)
    > Powervault SDLT 110 tape drive, and VERITAS driver update bnt86idrv32.

    Please
    > can someone advise if this is the right driver update or where I can get
    > the right one?
    > I've also changed the tape device, SCSI cable, terminator and tried using
    > a different SCSI card on the server all with very limited success.
    > Thanks for any help anyone can give

+ Reply to Thread