getting status failed when backup runs for 3 mins. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on getting status failed when backup runs for 3 mins. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I'm trying to run a backup with HP DAT 40. The backup runs for about 3 minutes, then it is being set to "Failed". Sometimes I get an alert message and in the log file : Severe error occured... ...

  1. getting status failed when backup runs for 3 mins.

    Hi,

    I'm trying to run a backup with HP DAT 40. The backup runs for
    about 3 minutes, then it is being set to "Failed". Sometimes I
    get an alert message and in the log file : Severe error
    occured... Please try cleaning the device etc. I've tried
    cleaning the device with two different cleaning tapes , and
    changed the backup tapes. I've even tried changing the scsi card
    and cable, but still no result.

    Has anyone ever experienced this kind of problem?

    Davy

  2. Re: getting status failed when backup runs for 3 mins.

    What does the job log say?

    Have you verified that you are on the latest firmware for the tape drive
    and SCSI conroller, and that you are using the latest drivers for both?

    Also, I tend to prefer manufacturer drivers rather than Veritas or Microsoft
    drivers.

    You may have a bad tape drive since you have changed everything else.

    "Davy Fasseel" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm trying to run a backup with HP DAT 40. The backup runs for
    >about 3 minutes, then it is being set to "Failed". Sometimes I
    >get an alert message and in the log file : Severe error
    >occured... Please try cleaning the device etc. I've tried
    >cleaning the device with two different cleaning tapes , and
    >changed the backup tapes. I've even tried changing the scsi card
    >and cable, but still no result.
    >
    >Has anyone ever experienced this kind of problem?
    >
    >Davy

+ Reply to Thread