Change Computername on the backupserver - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Change Computername on the backupserver - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm in the process of changing computername on my backupserver. I have Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 installed on this server. Is there somthing important I must think about or shouldn't it be any problems. Do i have to reinstall Backup ...

  1. Change Computername on the backupserver

    I'm in the process of changing computername on my backupserver. I have Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 installed on this server.
    Is there somthing important I must think about or shouldn't it be any problems. Do i have to reinstall Backup Exec or change any settings.

    /Rolle

  2. Re: Change Computername on the backupserver

    The easilest way is to just re-intall BENT after the machine been re-named
    and booted.

    (Veritas sticks the Computer Name in a bunch of places, and it really is
    a whole lot easier to just re-install)

    "Rolle" wrote:

    >I'm in the process of changing computername on my backupserver. I have =
    >Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 installed on this server.
    >Is there somthing important I must think about or shouldn't it be any =
    >problems. Do i have to reinstall Backup Exec or change any settings.
    >
    >/Rolle=20
    >

    > >charset=3Diso-8859-1">

    I'm in the process of changing =
    >computername on my=20
    >backupserver. I have Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 installed on this=20
    >server.

    Is there somthing important I must =
    >think about or=20
    >shouldn't it be any problems. Do i have to reinstall Backup Exec*or =
    >change=20
    >any settings.

    *

    /Rolle*