How to implement LEO - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to implement LEO - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, I just purchased a Library Expansion Option license to run on the second backup tape device which is connect in daisy chain with the fris tape device. Could any one tell me how do I implement the LEO ...

  1. How to implement LEO

    Hi all,

    I just purchased a Library Expansion Option license to run on the second
    backup tape device which is connect in daisy chain with the fris tape
    device. Could any one tell me how do I implement the LEO so that the system
    stop giving me the error of requiring LEO license. The license I received
    look like a receipt to me without any instruction of how to implement it.
    Any help is apreciated. Thankx

    Thao

  2. Re: How to implement LEO

    Run setup again until you get to the serials screen. Enter the serial from
    the piece of paper you got, then cancel out of setup. Stop/Start the BENT
    services, then in the GUI do a Help/About to verify BENT sees the new serial
    correctly

    "Thao Tran" wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >
    >I just purchased a Library Expansion Option license to run on the second
    >backup tape device which is connect in daisy chain with the fris tape
    >device. Could any one tell me how do I implement the LEO so that the system
    >stop giving me the error of requiring LEO license. The license I received
    >look like a receipt to me without any instruction of how to implement it.
    >Any help is apreciated. Thankx
    >
    >Thao

  3. Re: How to implement LEO

    Thank you for the info.

    For another small favor, do you know if veritas website has any
    documentation or instruction on this?

    Thanks
    Thao

    Ken Putnam wrote in message

    > Run setup again until you get to the serials screen. Enter the serial from
    > the piece of paper you got, then cancel out of setup. Stop/Start the BENT
    > services, then in the GUI do a Help/About to verify BENT sees the new

    serial
    > correctly
    >
    > "Thao Tran" wrote:
    > >Hi all,
    > >
    > >I just purchased a Library Expansion Option license to run on the second
    > >backup tape device which is connect in daisy chain with the fris tape
    > >device. Could any one tell me how do I implement the LEO so that the

    system
    > >stop giving me the error of requiring LEO license. The license I

    received
    > >look like a receipt to me without any instruction of how to implement it.
    > >Any help is apreciated. Thankx
    > >
    > >Thao

  4. Re: How to implement LEO

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/232285.htm

    their way is a little different, but basically get you to the same screen.

    "Thao Tran" wrote:
    >Thank you for the info.
    >
    >For another small favor, do you know if veritas website has any
    >documentation or instruction on this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Thao
    >
    >Ken Putnam wrote in message
    >>
    >> Run setup again until you get to the serials screen. Enter the serial

    from
    >> the piece of paper you got, then cancel out of setup. Stop/Start the

    BENT
    >> services, then in the GUI do a Help/About to verify BENT sees the new

    >serial
    >> correctly
    >>
    >> "Thao Tran" wrote:
    >> >Hi all,
    >> >
    >> >I just purchased a Library Expansion Option license to run on the second
    >> >backup tape device which is connect in daisy chain with the fris tape
    >> >device. Could any one tell me how do I implement the LEO so that the

    >system
    >> >stop giving me the error of requiring LEO license. The license I

    >received
    >> >look like a receipt to me without any instruction of how to implement

    it.
    >> >Any help is apreciated. Thankx
    >> >
    >> >Thao

+ Reply to Thread