"Unable to Attach" problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Unable to Attach" problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using BE 8.6 Rev. 3808 on an NT4 Server with SP6. After deleting several client workstations in Server Manager to remove them from the Domain, BackupExec still tries to run the backup on them. ----------------------------------------- Unable to attach to \\JOE_SMITH\C$. ...

  1. "Unable to Attach" problem

    Using BE 8.6 Rev. 3808 on an NT4 Server with SP6. After deleting several client
    workstations in Server Manager to remove them from the Domain, BackupExec
    still tries to run the backup on them.
    Unable to attach to \\JOE_SMITH\C$.
    The item was not found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to \\JOE_SMITH\C$.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    I look into the Job Definition Properties and the Selection tab doesn't show
    then in the GUI view, but the Text Version shows all deleted workstations
    as they were originally created. I can delete them from the Text Version,
    but only one line at a time. I literally have several hundred lines to delete,
    so I need a way to select all and delete them all at once. Anybody have any
    ideas?

  2. Re: "Unable to Attach" problem

    Not really what you are asking, but would it be faster just to re-create the
    select list than to edit the existing one?

    (and we've been asking Veritas for a way to export/import select lists since
    v7.0. You can add your $.02 at the enhancements page - http://enhancement.veritas.com/

    "Dave Dognazzi" wrote:

    >Using BE 8.6 Rev. 3808 on an NT4 Server with SP6. After deleting several

    client
    >workstations in Server Manager to remove them from the Domain, BackupExec
    >still tries to run the backup on them.
    >Unable to attach to \\JOE_SMITH\C$.
    >The item was not found.
    >
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Unable to attach to \\JOE_SMITH\C$.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    >I look into the Job Definition Properties and the Selection tab doesn't

    show
    >then in the GUI view, but the Text Version shows all deleted workstations
    >as they were originally created. I can delete them from the Text Version,
    >but only one line at a time. I literally have several hundred lines to delete,
    >so I need a way to select all and delete them all at once. Anybody have

    any
    >ideas?

  3. Re: "Unable to Attach" problem

    Thanks for the reply. As for recreating the selection list, I could do that
    but I have over 130 workstations with at least 10 selections per. So that
    will take some time. I was hoping Veritas had some secret utility for editing
    the list in one shot.
    I'll take your suggestion for requesting this on their enhancement page.
    By the way, I never had this problem with ArcServeIT!

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >Not really what you are asking, but would it be faster just to re-create

    the
    >select list than to edit the existing one?
    >

    >(and we've been asking Veritas for a way to export/import select lists since
    >v7.0. You can add your $.02 at the enhancements page - http://enhancement.veritas.com/
    >

    >"Dave Dognazzi" wrote:
    >>
    >>Using BE 8.6 Rev. 3808 on an NT4 Server with SP6. After deleting several

    >client
    >>workstations in Server Manager to remove them from the Domain, BackupExec
    >>still tries to run the backup on them.
    >>-----------------------------------------
    >>Unable to attach to \\JOE_SMITH\C$.
    >>The item was not found.
    >>
    >>^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>Unable to attach to \\JOE_SMITH\C$.
    >>^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>-----------------------------------------
    >>
    >>I look into the Job Definition Properties and the Selection tab doesn't

    >show
    >>then in the GUI view, but the Text Version shows all deleted workstations
    >>as they were originally created. I can delete them from the Text Version,
    >>but only one line at a time. I literally have several hundred lines to

    delete,
    >>so I need a way to select all and delete them all at once. Anybody have

    >any
    >>ideas?

+ Reply to Thread