Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option (IDR) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option (IDR) - Veritas Backup Exec ; For this option do you need 1 copy per server you want it on or do you just need 1 copy for the server and you will be good to go for every server that you backup that has an ...

  1. Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option (IDR)

    For this option do you need 1 copy per server you want it on or do you just
    need 1 copy for the server and you will be good to go for every server that
    you backup that has an agent installed?

    Thanks for your time.

  2. Re: Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option (IDR)

    To be honest, I don't know how licensing works on this option. But you
    install it on the backup server and you can create IDR diskettes or CDs for
    every server you do full backup on.

    "John" wrote in message news:3d99e92c$1@hronntp01....

    > For this option do you need 1 copy per server you want it on or do you

    just
    > need 1 copy for the server and you will be good to go for every server

    that
    > you backup that has an agent installed?
    >
    > Thanks for your time.

  3. Re: Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option (IDR)

    Note For Licensing:

    IDR is a License per Server
    You need on IDR-License for your BE-Server and
    the Remote-IDR-License for each Server from which you want the a IDR.

    regards

    werner
    "Ronnie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > To be honest, I don't know how licensing works on this option. But you
    > install it on the backup server and you can create IDR diskettes or CDs

    for
    > every server you do full backup on.
    >
    > "John" wrote in message news:3d99e92c$1@hronntp01....
    > >
    > > For this option do you need 1 copy per server you want it on or do you

    > just
    > > need 1 copy for the server and you will be good to go for every server

    > that
    > > you backup that has an agent installed?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your time.

+ Reply to Thread