Restore Selections Greyed Out - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore Selections Greyed Out - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm using BE verson 7.3 Rev 2575, on an NT4.0 Server. Backups and cataloges run fine, and the logs show no errors. However, when I go to Restore, "All Volumes" is greyed out, and when I change views to "Media, ...

  1. Restore Selections Greyed Out

    I'm using BE verson 7.3 Rev 2575, on an NT4.0 Server. Backups and cataloges
    run fine, and the logs show no errors. However, when I go to Restore, "All
    Volumes" is greyed out, and when I change views to "Media, it too is greyed
    out. I've tried backing up a folder on a new tape and cataloging, but the
    problem remains. It seems like I have good backups, but no way to restore
    the data. Thanks for anyone who can help.
    William

  2. Re: Restore Selections Greyed Out

    To resolve this issue, perform the following.

    1. Stop BENT services
    2. Rename the BeTopCat.idx file from \program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\catalog
    3. Start BENT services

    ThanX
    JG

    "William" wrote:

    >I'm using BE verson 7.3 Rev 2575, on an NT4.0 Server. Backups and cataloges
    >run fine, and the logs show no errors. However, when I go to Restore, "All
    >Volumes" is greyed out, and when I change views to "Media, it too is greyed
    >out. I've tried backing up a folder on a new tape and cataloging, but the
    >problem remains. It seems like I have good backups, but no way to restore
    >the data. Thanks for anyone who can help.
    >William

  3. Re: Restore Selections Greyed Out

    That worked. Thanks so much for your help/

    "JG" wrote:

    >To resolve this issue, perform the following.
    >
    >1. Stop BENT services
    >2. Rename the BeTopCat.idx file from \program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\catalog
    >3. Start BENT services
    >
    >ThanX
    >JG
    >
    >"William" wrote:
    >>
    >>I'm using BE verson 7.3 Rev 2575, on an NT4.0 Server. Backups and cataloges
    >>run fine, and the logs show no errors. However, when I go to Restore,

    "All
    >>Volumes" is greyed out, and when I change views to "Media, it too is greyed
    >>out. I've tried backing up a folder on a new tape and cataloging, but

    the
    >>problem remains. It seems like I have good backups, but no way to restore
    >>the data. Thanks for anyone who can help.
    >>William

+ Reply to Thread