user-defined selections - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on user-defined selections - Veritas Backup Exec ; I created user-defined selections for different remote locations on my network that i want backed up.. However, when I go to select them, I get for a username and password. I put ever imagineable credential in and nothing works. what ...

  1. user-defined selections

    I created user-defined selections for different remote locations on my network
    that i want backed up.. However, when I go to select them, I get for a username
    and password. I put ever imagineable credential in and nothing works. what
    gives? any help would be appreciated. I use yahoo text messaging, so if
    you can help, my ID is pc_johnr. Or just post here..Thanks!

  2. Re: user-defined selections

    when you specify the user to connect as, are you specifying the user as "user"
    or "Domain\User"? If the first, the user-id must exist on the remote machine.

    "John Roeder" wrote:

    >I created user-defined selections for different remote locations on my network
    >that i want backed up.. However, when I go to select them, I get for a

    username
    >and password. I put ever imagineable credential in and nothing works.

    what
    >gives? any help would be appreciated. I use yahoo text messaging, so if
    >you can help, my ID is pc_johnr. Or just post here..Thanks!

  3. Re: user-defined selections

    2 of the machines im trying to connect to are w2k server domain controllers
    (I only have one domain) the other machine is a workstation. Ive tried
    to connect using a domain admin for the servers and workstation, and the
    local admin account for the workstation.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >when you specify the user to connect as, are you specifying the user as

    "user"
    >or "Domain\User"? If the first, the user-id must exist on the remote machine.
    >
    >"John Roeder" wrote:
    >>
    >>I created user-defined selections for different remote locations on my

    network
    >>that i want backed up.. However, when I go to select them, I get for a

    >username
    >>and password. I put ever imagineable credential in and nothing works.

    >what
    >>gives? any help would be appreciated. I use yahoo text messaging, so

    if
    >>you can help, my ID is pc_johnr. Or just post here..Thanks!

  4. Re: user-defined selections

    At the logon credentials dialog box, enter the username of Administrator user
    of the remote machine.
    E.g.: if connecting to machine1, then enter the Administrator credentials
    of the remote system.

    ThanX
    JG

    "John Roeder" wrote:

    >2 of the machines im trying to connect to are w2k server domain controllers
    >(I only have one domain) the other machine is a workstation. Ive tried
    >to connect using a domain admin for the servers and workstation, and the
    >local admin account for the workstation.
    >

    >"Ken Putnam" wrote:
    >>
    >>when you specify the user to connect as, are you specifying the user as

    >"user"
    >>or "Domain\User"? If the first, the user-id must exist on the remote machine.
    >>
    >>"John Roeder" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I created user-defined selections for different remote locations on my

    >network
    >>>that i want backed up.. However, when I go to select them, I get for

    >>username
    >>>and password. I put ever imagineable credential in and nothing works.

    >>what
    >>>gives? any help would be appreciated. I use yahoo text messaging, so

    >if
    >>>you can help, my ID is pc_johnr. Or just post here..Thanks!

  5. Re: user-defined selections

    You may have a corrupt password cache file (seems to be quite delicate, )

    Stop all BENT services, delete BEWINUI.UNI from the ..\BackupExec\NT directory
    and restart all services. You'll have to re-enter ALL cached user-id/password
    info.

    "John Roeder" wrote:

    >2 of the machines im trying to connect to are w2k server domain controllers
    >(I only have one domain) the other machine is a workstation. Ive tried
    >to connect using a domain admin for the servers and workstation, and the
    >local admin account for the workstation.
    >

    >"Ken Putnam" wrote:
    >>
    >>when you specify the user to connect as, are you specifying the user as

    >"user"
    >>or "Domain\User"? If the first, the user-id must exist on the remote machine.
    >>
    >>"John Roeder" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I created user-defined selections for different remote locations on my

    >network
    >>>that i want backed up.. However, when I go to select them, I get for

    >>username
    >>>and password. I put ever imagineable credential in and nothing works.

    >>what
    >>>gives? any help would be appreciated. I use yahoo text messaging, so

    >if
    >>>you can help, my ID is pc_johnr. Or just post here..Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread