Access denied on remote machine - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Access denied on remote machine - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I am facing a problem, I have installed backupexec 8.6 on windows NT 4.0. When I try to backup the remote system i.e win 2k it gives "unable to attach Access denied. I tried reconfigure the remote agent service ...

  1. Access denied on remote machine

    Hi,
    I am facing a problem, I have installed backupexec 8.6 on windows NT 4.0.
    When I try to backup the remote system i.e win 2k
    it gives "unable to attach
    Access denied.
    I tried reconfigure the remote agent service account. Rename the BEWINUI.UNI.
    I tried with attach as also. I still get the error.
    Any help??

  2. Re: Access denied on remote machine

    Have you got the agent accellerator installed on the remote machine? Unlike
    the older version, 8.6 won't do anything unless that is installed as well.

    "Subhasha" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > I am facing a problem, I have installed backupexec 8.6 on windows NT

    4.0.
    > When I try to backup the remote system i.e win 2k
    > it gives "unable to attach
    > Access denied.
    > I tried reconfigure the remote agent service account. Rename the

    BEWINUI.UNI.
    > I tried with attach as also. I still get the error.
    > Any help??

  3. Re: Access denied on remote machine

    yes, I have installed the accelarator. Before it was working, once I formatted
    the system after that it is not working.
    "Keith Langmead" wrote:
    >Have you got the agent accellerator installed on the remote machine? Unlike
    >the older version, 8.6 won't do anything unless that is installed as well.
    >
    >"Subhasha" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> I am facing a problem, I have installed backupexec 8.6 on windows NT

    >4.0.
    >> When I try to backup the remote system i.e win 2k
    >> it gives "unable to attach
    >> Access denied.
    >> I tried reconfigure the remote agent service account. Rename the

    >BEWINUI.UNI.
    >> I tried with attach as also. I still get the error.
    >> Any help??

+ Reply to Thread