Dr. Watson error BENGINE.exe when attaching to Exch Mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Dr. Watson error BENGINE.exe when attaching to Exch Mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec ; The Backup Exec Job Engine Service stops unexpectedly, or an Application Exception error (Dr. Watson) is generated by , when attaching to Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes using Outlook 2002 (Outlook XP) as the MAPI client. TechNote ID: 243890 This technote explains ...

  1. Dr. Watson error BENGINE.exe when attaching to Exch Mailboxes

    The Backup Exec Job Engine Service stops unexpectedly, or an
    Application Exception error (Dr. Watson) is generated by , when
    attaching to Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes using Outlook 2002 (Outlook XP) as
    the MAPI client.
    TechNote ID: 243890

    This technote explains my problem exactly except that the solution
    they recommend is that I update outlook. Well my outlook is updated as far
    as it will go (Outlook XP sp2). So why am I still getting the Dr. Watson
    error for BENGINE.EXE? I am using NTsp6a, Outlook XP sp2 and BENT 8.5, and
    the Exchange server is on another box.

    Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

    Chris

  2. Re: Dr. Watson error BENGINE.exe when attaching to Exch Mailboxes

    You don't want to hear it, probably, but

    Don't do mailbox backups.

    See http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm for a discussion of why.

    ct98 wrote:

    > The Backup Exec Job Engine Service stops unexpectedly, or an
    >Application Exception error (Dr. Watson) is generated by , when
    >attaching to Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes using Outlook 2002 (Outlook XP) as
    >the MAPI client.
    > TechNote ID: 243890
    >
    > This technote explains my problem exactly except that the solution
    >they recommend is that I update outlook. Well my outlook is updated as far
    >as it will go (Outlook XP sp2). So why am I still getting the Dr. Watson
    >error for BENGINE.EXE? I am using NTsp6a, Outlook XP sp2 and BENT 8.5, and
    >the Exchange server is on another box.
    >
    > Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Chris

  3. Re: Dr. Watson error BENGINE.exe when attaching to Exch Mailboxes

    I am reading your comments as well as the links you provided. I may change
    my mind about the individual mailboxes but I still would want the program
    running correctly and not generating errors. I would like to fix the
    problem and make my decision concerning the mailboxes based in my reading
    and not the fact that the program doesn'r work correctly. Thanks for the
    info, so far is does raise questions....

    So far BENT wants me to re-install XP and the Exch Admin client...I am not
    holding my breath. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

    Chris

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > You don't want to hear it, probably, but
    >
    > Don't do mailbox backups.
    >
    > See http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm for a discussion of why.
    >
    > ct98 wrote:
    >
    > > The Backup Exec Job Engine Service stops unexpectedly, or an
    > >Application Exception error (Dr. Watson) is generated by ,

    when
    > >attaching to Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes using Outlook 2002 (Outlook XP)

    as
    > >the MAPI client.
    > > TechNote ID: 243890
    > >
    > > This technote explains my problem exactly except that the solution
    > >they recommend is that I update outlook. Well my outlook is updated as

    far
    > >as it will go (Outlook XP sp2). So why am I still getting the Dr. Watson
    > >error for BENGINE.EXE? I am using NTsp6a, Outlook XP sp2 and BENT 8.5,

    and
    > >the Exchange server is on another box.
    > >
    > > Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Chris

  4. SOLVED Dr. Watson error BENGINE.exe when attaching to Exch Mailboxes

    I believe that the problem was solved. I uninstalled the Outlook XP and
    installed Office 97 Outlook. I also double checked the way the remote agent
    service was starting on the remote Exch server, and found that is was using
    the wrong account to log on as a service. So probably the latter was the
    solution, but it works now.

    Chris

    "ct98" wrote in message
    > I am reading your comments as well as the links you provided. I may

    change
    > my mind about the individual mailboxes but I still would want the program
    > running correctly and not generating errors. I would like to fix the
    > problem and make my decision concerning the mailboxes based in my reading
    > and not the fact that the program doesn'r work correctly. Thanks for the
    > info, so far is does raise questions....
    >
    > So far BENT wants me to re-install XP and the Exch Admin client...I am not
    > holding my breath. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > > You don't want to hear it, probably, but
    > >
    > > Don't do mailbox backups.
    > >
    > > See http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm for a discussion of why.
    > >
    > > ct98 wrote:
    > >
    > > > The Backup Exec Job Engine Service stops unexpectedly, or an
    > > >Application Exception error (Dr. Watson) is generated by ,

    > when
    > > >attaching to Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes using Outlook 2002 (Outlook

    XP)
    > as
    > > >the MAPI client.
    > > > TechNote ID: 243890
    > > >
    > > > This technote explains my problem exactly except that the

    solution
    > > >they recommend is that I update outlook. Well my outlook is updated as

    > far
    > > >as it will go (Outlook XP sp2). So why am I still getting the Dr.

    Watson
    > > >error for BENGINE.EXE? I am using NTsp6a, Outlook XP sp2 and BENT 8.5,

    > and
    > > >the Exchange server is on another box.
    > > >
    > > > Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.
    > > >
    > > > Chris