Default Installation - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Default Installation - Veritas Backup Exec ; NT 4 Server SP6a BE 7.3 build 2575 I have BE installed on drive C: and now I run out of space. How do I change it to drive D: where I have plenty of space? Do I need to ...

  1. Default Installation

    NT 4 Server SP6a
    BE 7.3 build 2575

    I have BE installed on drive C: and now I run out of space. How
    do I change it to drive D: where I have plenty of space? Do I need to uninstall
    and reinstall?

  2. Re: Default Installation

    (note, this is based on 8.x knowledge, since I've never used 7.x, so info
    might not be correct)

    The problem may be caused by the catalog files, which I've found can get
    VERY big at times. If you look in \catalogs\ you can see how
    much space they take up. If this shows as being the problem, you can change
    the location by going to tools, options, catalog from within BENT, and
    change the location of the catalog files to somewhere on the d:\. You can
    also get them to auto-delete the catalogs, once they are older than the
    maximum time set by your rotation.

    Locations and options may be different in 7.3, or this might not work at
    all, but worth a look.

    Keith

    "htt" wrote in message

    > NT 4 Server SP6a
    > BE 7.3 build 2575
    >
    > I have BE installed on drive C: and now I run out of space. How
    > do I change it to drive D: where I have plenty of space? Do I need to

    uninstall
    > and reinstall?

+ Reply to Thread