retry: Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on retry: Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've posted a question on 19/9, but unfortunatly i haven't had any response(?). I Can't believe that im the only one in the world with this problem.. Log file says: Warning: "\notes\data\help4.nsf" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify ...

  1. retry: Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005

    I've posted a question on 19/9, but unfortunatly i haven't had any
    response(?). I Can't believe that im the only one in the world with this
    problem..
    Log file says:

    Warning: "\notes\data\help4.nsf" is a corrupt file.
    This file cannot verify
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005
    OFO error during backup. Set has been aborted

    I have searched the whole Veritas site, but canīt find any anser that even
    come close..
    If it is because of that one file, canīt you just have Backup Exec skip
    it,and continue the backup?
    I know that you can exclude individual files, but i was thinking more of an
    option somewhere...
    Thanks in advance..
    René

  2. Re: retry: Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005

    Ok.. spoke with Veritas for 3 mos on this topic...got to level 5 support...this
    is the skinny which may work for you.

    OFO is not an exact science..that being said this may take some tweaking
    on your part. There is an actual formula to set OFO up however this formula
    is also, NOT RELIABLE, so here's what you do.

    1) Open OFO wizard and log select the server you are having problems with.
    2) It is recommended that you set the OFO static volume file to a different
    drive on that server other than where the product is installed (example e:\OFO)
    Note: exclude this folder from your backups. Click next
    3) The next window is where you will find the initial and max size this file
    can grow. If the box is checked to allow Veritas to automatically set these
    and you are having problems, uncheck that option and ill explain what settings
    to try.

    IF you are getting "Unable to initialize Remote Agent" ect. message in your
    log files then reduce the minimum quiet time from 5 to 4 or even 3...if you
    want there is a registry hack to set to 2 but not recommended unless first
    try 4 or 3.

    IF you are getting "OFO Static file on device running OFO has grown to maximum
    size and cannot be incremented any more" message then increase BOTH MIN AND
    MAX to SAME #... for example:
    Min 1000mb
    MAX 1000MB
    The reason same # is that if you manually set this and the OFO file is on
    a different drive it will never try to reach the maximum setting...so if
    you set to 50 min and 1000 max it will never try to grow larger than 50mb.

    If you are still getting the error you posted on re: the unknown OFO....you
    must lower that number you set in small increments til you reach a stable
    setting: For example
    start at MIN:1000MB
    MAX:1000MB
    Dependeing on error you get(either outgrown max size or unkown OFO error)
    increase or decrease the min max by + or - 100MB

    Outgrown error:
    MIn 1100mb
    Max 1100mb

    Unknown error:
    Min 900mb
    Max 900mb

    May take some playing around but keep trying to get this setting right...it
    was sooo bad here we were changing settings from example MIN 900mb
    MAx 900mb to
    MIN 895
    MAX 895
    Also try running job with Antivirus stopped see if that makes a difference.
    We wsere not going to accept that as an answer because without AV running
    in eve you become vulnerable to attacks. One other thing is that the reason
    for these setting changes is that OFO scans your whole drive at backup initialization
    for open files and builds a static image file of them, unfortunately the
    problem arises when your server
    is performing system writes to the hard drive and backing up that drive at
    the same time...

    Good luck and post to let me know if the OFO setting changes work...BTW...this
    only started happening in version 8.6 and looking at all the posts re: OFO
    i hope Veritas comes up with a better solution...cause Arcserve really sucks
    hehe.

    Michael

    "Rene" wrote:
    >I've posted a question on 19/9, but unfortunatly i haven't had any
    >response(?). I Can't believe that im the only one in the world with this
    >problem..
    >Log file says:
    >

    >Warning: "\notes\data\help4.nsf" is a corrupt file.
    >This file cannot verify
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005
    >OFO error during backup. Set has been aborted
    >

    >I have searched the whole Veritas site, but canīt find any anser that even
    >come close..
    >If it is because of that one file, canīt you just have Backup Exec skip
    >it,and continue the backup?
    >I know that you can exclude individual files, but i was thinking more of

    an
    >option somewhere...
    >Thanks in advance..
    >René

  3. Re: retry: Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005

    Thanks..Turned out that VBE thinks it has something to do with novell,
    because of the *.nsf.
    However, when i increased the max size it helped..No more errors!
    Best regards René

    "Michael Cowan" skrev i en meddelelse

> [...]

    > hehe.
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > "Rene" wrote:
    > >I've posted a question on 19/9, but unfortunatly i haven't had any
    > >response(?). I Can't believe that im the only one in the world with this
    > >problem..
    > >Log file says:
    > >

    > >Warning: "\notes\data\help4.nsf" is a corrupt file.
    > >This file cannot verify
    > >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > >Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005
    > >OFO error during backup. Set has been aborted
    > >

    > >I have searched the whole Veritas site, but canīt find any anser that

    even
    > >come close..
    > >If it is because of that one file, canīt you just have Backup Exec skip
    > >it,and continue the backup?
    > >I know that you can exclude individual files, but i was thinking more of

  4. Re: retry: Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005

    Rene, I had the same problem and cured it by reducing the size of the static
    volume in OFO configuration wizard.
    The file itself probably isn't corrupt but it is the file that was being
    backed up when the OFO failed.
    This is on the VERITAS knowledge base.

    Hope this helps

    Peter

    "Rene" wrote:
    >I've posted a question on 19/9, but unfortunatly i haven't had any
    >response(?). I Can't believe that im the only one in the world with this
    >problem..
    >Log file says:
    >

    >Warning: "\notes\data\help4.nsf" is a corrupt file.
    >This file cannot verify
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Unknown OFO error 0xe0001005
    >OFO error during backup. Set has been aborted
    >

    >I have searched the whole Veritas site, but canīt find any anser that even
    >come close..
    >If it is because of that one file, canīt you just have Backup Exec skip
    >it,and continue the backup?
    >I know that you can exclude individual files, but i was thinking more of

    an
    >option somewhere...
    >Thanks in advance..
    >René