Format Tapes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Format Tapes - Veritas Backup Exec ; How can I properly Format/Erase old tapes?...

  1. Format Tapes

    How can I properly Format/Erase old tapes?

  2. Re: Format Tapes

    From the Media tab, right click the tape you want to erase. If your drive
    does not support formating, that option will be greyed out. "Short Erase"
    is basically the same as "Label", ie it re-writes the tape header. Long
    Erase actually overwrites the whole tape and can take a very long time depending
    on your hardware and tape types.

    "Tom" wrote:

    >How can I properly Format/Erase old tapes?

+ Reply to Thread