Erasing Tapes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Erasing Tapes - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am unable to erase tapes. This is what I am doing: -Put the tape in the drive -Inventory -rename tape -erase tape -Inventory Bytes Written and read stay the same. Any ideas why? I have tried varying that list ...

  1. Erasing Tapes

    I am unable to erase tapes. This is what I am doing:
    -Put the tape in the drive
    -Inventory
    -rename tape
    -erase tape
    -Inventory

    Bytes Written and read stay the same. Any ideas why? I have tried varying
    that list with no success. Please help.

  2. Re: Erasing Tapes

    You need to reset the tape stats manually

    From the Media Tab, right click the tape volume, Properties/Statics - Reset.

    "Louis" wrote:

    >I am unable to erase tapes. This is what I am doing:
    >-Put the tape in the drive
    >-Inventory
    >-rename tape
    >-erase tape
    >-Inventory
    >
    >Bytes Written and read stay the same. Any ideas why? I have tried varying
    >that list with no success. Please help.

+ Reply to Thread