Dell PV-100T-DDS4 requesting clean after every backup? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Dell PV-100T-DDS4 requesting clean after every backup? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Currently using BENT 8.6 3878. The tape drive requests to be cleaned after every backup made. the drive backs up around 10gigs of data every night, and takes about 2 hours. It shouldnt be asking for a clean this soon. ...

  1. Dell PV-100T-DDS4 requesting clean after every backup?

    Currently using BENT 8.6 3878.

    The tape drive requests to be cleaned after every backup made. the drive
    backs up around 10gigs of data every night, and takes about 2 hours. It shouldnt
    be asking for a clean this soon. This is getting annoying. I feel it maybe
    a result of the cleaning log not recording when the drive has been cleaned.
    Hopefully someone can give me some information on this.

  2. Re: Dell PV-100T-DDS4 requesting clean after every backup?

    What brand of tapes are you using?
    What brand is your tape drive?

    It could be compatability problems with tapes and your drive.

    With my Seagate DDS4 drive, I cannot use SONY tapes, they give lots of
    errors etc on this drive.
    I can use SONY DDS3 tapes but NOT SONY DDS4 tapes.

    I use FUJIFILM tapes which have never given me any problems at all.

    Martin

    "Brian" wrote in message

    > Currently using BENT 8.6 3878.
    >
    > The tape drive requests to be cleaned after every backup made. the drive
    > backs up around 10gigs of data every night, and takes about 2 hours. It

    shouldnt
    > be asking for a clean this soon. This is getting annoying. I feel it maybe
    > a result of the cleaning log not recording when the drive has been

    cleaned.
    > Hopefully someone can give me some information on this.

+ Reply to Thread