Restore speed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore speed - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have BENT 8.6 rev 3878 installed on a win2k server. I backup a Novell server (NW6 with sp2 and the latest agent installed) with the agent installed with a speed of 69.2Mb/min on a specific volume. When I try ...

  1. Restore speed

    I have BENT 8.6 rev 3878 installed on a win2k server. I backup a Novell server
    (NW6 with sp2 and the latest agent installed) with the agent installed with
    a speed of 69.2Mb/min on a specific volume. When I try to do a restore on
    that same volume I only get a speed of 8Mb/min!!!!

    Can some one help me on how to speed up the restore on that server....

    Thank you all

    Pascal

  2. Re: Restore speed

    Sounds about right. I've never used the Novell agent, but restoring NT boxes
    across the wire generally gives me speeds about a factor of ten slower.

    "Pascal Patry" wrote:

    >I have BENT 8.6 rev 3878 installed on a win2k server. I backup a Novell

    server
    >(NW6 with sp2 and the latest agent installed) with the agent installed with
    >a speed of 69.2Mb/min on a specific volume. When I try to do a restore

    on
    >that same volume I only get a speed of 8Mb/min!!!!
    >
    >Can some one help me on how to speed up the restore on that server....
    >
    >Thank you all
    >
    >Pascal

+ Reply to Thread