Overwrite Protection Invalid - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Overwrite Protection Invalid - Veritas Backup Exec ; I tried to re-label a tape. It errored and said that the tape was overwrite protected, even though the inventory information shows that it is not under any type of overwrite protection anymore. I tried to do a quick erase ...

  1. Overwrite Protection Invalid

    I tried to re-label a tape. It errored and said that the tape was overwrite
    protected, even though the inventory information shows that it is not under
    any type of overwrite protection anymore. I tried to do a quick erase also
    with no luck. Any ideas?

    TIA,
    Kendra

  2. Re: Overwrite Protection Invalid

    Have you verified that the write-protect tab on the tape itself is in the
    "Write" position?

    "Kendra" wrote:
    >I tried to re-label a tape. It errored and said that the tape was overwrite
    >protected, even though the inventory information shows that it is not under
    >any type of overwrite protection anymore. I tried to do a quick erase also
    >with no luck. Any ideas?
    >
    >TIA,
    >Kendra

  3. Re: Overwrite Protection Invalid

    Thanks Ken. My brain must still be on vacation.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > Have you verified that the write-protect tab on the tape itself is in the
    > "Write" position?
    >
    > "Kendra" wrote:
    > >I tried to re-label a tape. It errored and said that the tape was

    overwrite
    > >protected, even though the inventory information shows that it is not

    under
    > >any type of overwrite protection anymore. I tried to do a quick erase

    also
    > >with no luck. Any ideas?
    > >
    > >TIA,
    > >Kendra