slow mailbox backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on slow mailbox backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; My backup runs at about 290MB/min until it hits the mailboxes on my exchange server then the rate goes right down to 50 mb/min. This is resulting in my backup taking a long long time to complete. It used to ...

  1. slow mailbox backup

    My backup runs at about 290MB/min until it hits the mailboxes on my exchange
    server then the rate goes right down to 50 mb/min. This is resulting in my
    backup taking a long long time to complete.

    It used to be fine until my Exchange server crashed and had to be rebuilt
    now its really slow when its being backed up.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: slow mailbox backup

    50 Mb/min on mailbox backups is a lot more than most get. Many get
    rates in the 2-3 MB/min range.

    Tracey Ryman wrote:

    >My backup runs at about 290MB/min until it hits the mailboxes on my exchange
    >server then the rate goes right down to 50 mb/min. This is resulting in my
    >backup taking a long long time to complete.
    >
    >It used to be fine until my Exchange server crashed and had to be rebuilt
    >now its really slow when its being backed up.
    >
    >Any ideas?

  3. Re: slow mailbox backup

    "Tracey Ryman" wrote in message

    > It used to be fine until my Exchange server crashed and had to be rebuilt
    > now its really slow when its being backed up.

    Define "fine" please. My definition of "fine" is no mailbox backup. Take a
    look here:
    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm

    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread