    Event ID: 10010
    Date: 29.08.2002
    Time: 15:04:11
    User: Domain\User
    Computer: Server
    The server {34AB7170-379E-11D2-AC0D-00105A0D1A42} did not register with DCOM
    within the required timeout.

    Thanks for any help.
    Regards
    Marcel

  2. Re: Unable to install Remote Agent & OFO with SP3

    try a local install of both on the servers although it looks like the account
    u are using to install doesnt have local admin rights on those machine..
    local install is
    put the CD in the server on which u want to install.
    go to command line
    change to
    CDROM:\>Cd winnt\install\eng\i386\ntaa
    type in setupaa.cmd at command line.
    this will install the remote agent. reboot

    same for OFO
    CDROM:\>Cd winnt\install\eng\i386\OFO
    type in setupofo.cmd at command line. reboot.

    "Kummer Marcel" wrote:

    >Hi
    >Does anybody know to solve the problem? I tried to install from a BE 8.6
    >3808 on W2K SP2 Server Remote Agent & OFO on a W2K SP3 Server and get the
    >following Error-Message on the Source-Server:
    >The account name and/or password supplied is not valid. Please re-enter

    the
    >login information and try again.
    >
    >On the Target-Server there is a EventLog entry:
    >Event Type: Error
    >Event Source: DCOM
    >Event Category: None
    >Event ID: 10010
    >Date: 29.08.2002
    >Time: 15:04:11
    >User: Domain\User
    >Computer: Server
    >The server {34AB7170-379E-11D2-AC0D-00105A0D1A42} did not register with

    DCOM
    >within the required timeout.
    >
    >Thanks for any help.
    >Regards
    >Marcel

  3. Re: Unable to install Remote Agent & OFO with SP3

    Thanks for help.
    I did a local installation and the backup test was successfull. But the user,
    i used for the remote installation, was domain admin with enough rights.
    I think thats because of the installation of SP3 on the target-server. For
    servers with sp2 it works fine.

    "Zee" wrote:

    >try a local install of both on the servers although it looks like the account
    >u are using to install doesnt have local admin rights on those machine..
    >local install is
    >put the CD in the server on which u want to install.
    >go to command line
    >change to
    >CDROM:\>Cd winnt\install\eng\i386\ntaa
    >type in setupaa.cmd at command line.
    >this will install the remote agent. reboot
    >
    >same for OFO
    >CDROM:\>Cd winnt\install\eng\i386\OFO
    >type in setupofo.cmd at command line. reboot.
    >
    >"Kummer Marcel" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi
    >>Does anybody know to solve the problem? I tried to install from a BE 8.6
    >>3808 on W2K SP2 Server Remote Agent & OFO on a W2K SP3 Server and get the
    >>following Error-Message on the Source-Server:
    >>The account name and/or password supplied is not valid. Please re-enter

    >the
    >>login information and try again.
    >>
    >>On the Target-Server there is a EventLog entry:
    >>Event Type: Error
    >>Event Source: DCOM
    >>Event Category: None
    >>Event ID: 10010
    >>Date: 29.08.2002
    >>Time: 15:04:11
    >>User: Domain\User
    >>Computer: Server
    >>The server {34AB7170-379E-11D2-AC0D-00105A0D1A42} did not register with

    >DCOM
    >>within the required timeout.
    >>
    >>Thanks for any help.
    >>Regards