Help Disaster Recovery - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Help Disaster Recovery - Veritas Backup Exec ; I posted a detailed reply to this earlier.. however u have added a key thing to this post. SBS. currently IDR is not supported on SBS. IDR wont even install properly on an SBS.# Baremetal now belongs to VERITAS sftware ...

  1. Re: Help Disaster Recovery

    I posted a detailed reply to this earlier..
    however u have added a key thing to this post.
    SBS.
    currently IDR is not supported on SBS.
    IDR wont even install properly on an SBS.#
    Baremetal now belongs to VERITAS sftware anyways and there is no agent yet
    for Backup Exec.
    ghosting is a good idea.. having a standard image of all your kits would
    work well if all the kit is the same. (model hardware)
    then you can only backup my docs or *.pst files etc and if a win9 machine
    goes down u can recover it by imaging it again with ghost then restoring
    back the users my docs and pst file

  2. Help Disaster Recovery

    I'm using BENT 8.5 in a small business environment. Where should I be
    looking for server disaster recovery: IDR option or BareMetal or
    Ghost/DriveImage followed by BENT file date/time deltas?

    Also with respect to workstation/client BU, I know that BENT has
    workstation agents for W9x. Do these agents get the current/latest
    user.dat/system.dat(registry) from the W9x client computers? What is the
    optimal(choices) disaster recovery strategy/techniques for W9x workstations?
    was thinking of taking a Ghost image of each workstation and then keeping
    BENT deltas from the date & time of the Ghost image but that only works if
    the BENT agent gets the latest registry etc. form the W9x workstations??

    Does the BENT 8.6 upgrade offer anything important?

  3. Re: Help Disaster Recovery

    You could also try www.pc-bax.com

    "Zee" wrote in message news:3d6ce1ef$1@hronntp01....

    > I posted a detailed reply to this earlier..
    > however u have added a key thing to this post.
    > SBS.
    > currently IDR is not supported on SBS.
    > IDR wont even install properly on an SBS.#
    > Baremetal now belongs to VERITAS sftware anyways and there is no agent yet
    > for Backup Exec.
    > ghosting is a good idea.. having a standard image of all your kits would
    > work well if all the kit is the same. (model hardware)
    > then you can only backup my docs or *.pst files etc and if a win9 machine
    > goes down u can recover it by imaging it again with ghost then restoring
    > back the users my docs and pst file

+ Reply to Thread