Mapped drives cannot to be seen in Backup Exec - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Mapped drives cannot to be seen in Backup Exec - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have Backup Exec. installed on the server. I recently mapped a new drive to be back up in the Windows Explorer, but I cannot see the new drive in Backup Exec. Is it not an automatic link between Windows ...

  1. Mapped drives cannot to be seen in Backup Exec

    We have Backup Exec. installed on the server. I recently mapped a new drive
    to be back up in the Windows Explorer, but I cannot see the new drive in
    Backup Exec. Is it not an automatic link between Windows Explorer and Backup
    Exec. drive selection? Could anyone help me with this matter, please?

  2. Re: Mapped drives cannot to be seen in Backup Exec

    Hi,

    I would suggest having a remote agent installed (requires a license key)
    as it will push the data to the backup server. better performance. also mapped
    drives dont get backed up anyways. try user defined selections and map to
    that drive on the remote server. beware this will put an immense load on
    ure server as it will be pulling the data and also writing data to the device

  3. Re: Mapped drives cannot to be seen in Backup Exec

    You cannot backup mapped shares.

    You need to install the agent on the remote servers, then browse to them/it
    in the backup selections window.

    "Aya Puca" wrote:

    >We have Backup Exec. installed on the server. I recently mapped a new drive
    >to be back up in the Windows Explorer, but I cannot see the new drive in
    >Backup Exec. Is it not an automatic link between Windows Explorer and Backup
    >Exec. drive selection? Could anyone help me with this matter, please?

+ Reply to Thread