SCSI Error in Event Viewer - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SCSI Error in Event Viewer - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have been getting the follow "error" message showing up in the System log of the event viewer: "The device, \Device\Scsi\adpu160m1, did not respond within the timeout period." This is showing up on our backup server running Backup Exec 8.6. ...

  1. SCSI Error in Event Viewer

    We have been getting the follow "error" message showing up in the System log
    of the event viewer:

    "The device, \Device\Scsi\adpu160m1, did not respond within the timeout
    period."

    This is showing up on our backup server running Backup Exec 8.6. We have two
    SCSI devices, a DTL tape loader and a disk array, connected via SCSI. Both
    devices show up in device manager as "working properly" and both devices are
    detected and load ok in during the SCSI detection on startup.

    Any thoughts or suggestions?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: SCSI Error in Event Viewer

    Is there any documentation out there for configuring SCSI devices from
    Veritas's support site? Someone in another news group said to check there,
    however I am not finding anything.

    Thanks.

    "Ash" wrote in message news:3d6a31dd$1@hronntp01....
    > We have been getting the follow "error" message showing up in the System

    log
    > of the event viewer:
    >
    > "The device, \Device\Scsi\adpu160m1, did not respond within the timeout
    > period."
    >
    > This is showing up on our backup server running Backup Exec 8.6. We have

    two
    > SCSI devices, a DTL tape loader and a disk array, connected via SCSI. Both
    > devices show up in device manager as "working properly" and both devices

    are
    > detected and load ok in during the SCSI detection on startup.
    >
    > Any thoughts or suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: SCSI Error in Event Viewer

    Hi Ash,

    I have seen this error more times than I care to remember. First you might
    consider replacing your SCSI controller drivers. If you still have problems
    after replacing the drivers, then you can rest assured that your SCSI
    controller will need to be replaced. As you will begin to have very
    unreliable backups.

    I hope this helps a little.

    Real Dude

    "Ash" wrote in message news:3d6a31dd$1@hronntp01....
    > We have been getting the follow "error" message showing up in the System

    log
    > of the event viewer:
    >
    > "The device, \Device\Scsi\adpu160m1, did not respond within the timeout
    > period."
    >
    > This is showing up on our backup server running Backup Exec 8.6. We have

    two
    > SCSI devices, a DTL tape loader and a disk array, connected via SCSI. Both
    > devices show up in device manager as "working properly" and both devices

    are
    > detected and load ok in during the SCSI detection on startup.
    >
    > Any thoughts or suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread