Bad block error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Bad block error - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have win sbs 4.5 running backup exec 7.2 2 weeks ago I started getting event ID 7 errors with bad blocks. Narrowed the error down to "Position error detected by read of medium". What do I do now to ...

  1. Bad block error

    I have win sbs 4.5 running backup exec 7.2
    2 weeks ago I started getting event ID 7 errors with bad blocks.

    Narrowed the error down to "Position error detected by read of medium".

    What do I do now to fix this. Is the head needing re-aligned??
    How do I do this.

    Please help.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Bad block error

    Hello Neil,

    Event ID 7 usually indicates bad tape or problem with device's head. Try
    using a different batch of tapes and see whether this was merely caused by
    deteriorating tapes. If the same error occurs with new tapes, you need to
    speak to the device manufacturer for repair or replacement.

    I hope this helps a little

    Real Dude

    "Neil" wrote in message

    > I have win sbs 4.5 running backup exec 7.2
    > 2 weeks ago I started getting event ID 7 errors with bad blocks.
    >
    > Narrowed the error down to "Position error detected by read of medium".
    >
    > What do I do now to fix this. Is the head needing re-aligned??
    > How do I do this.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread