Blue screen 0x00000050 when installing BENT SBS - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Blue screen 0x00000050 when installing BENT SBS - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, When trying to install BENT 8.6 SBS in my Microsoft SBS 2000 Server (Windows 2K; Exchange 2K & SQL 2K) I got a blue screen stating PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA 0x00000050. My hw is a IBM Netfinity ...

  1. Blue screen 0x00000050 when installing BENT SBS

    Hello,

    When trying to install BENT 8.6 SBS in my Microsoft SBS 2000 Server (Windows
    2K; Exchange 2K & SQL 2K) I got a blue screen stating PAGE FAULT IN NON
    PAGED AREA 0x00000050. My hw is a IBM Netfinity 5000, one PIII processor,
    512M RAM, several SCSII disks and a tape drive. I can boot my system in SAFE
    Mode but when I try to boot it in normal mode I get that nice blue screen
    and the system STOPS. Any ideas please?

    _________________________________________ Pedro Ferreira da Silva

  2. Re: Blue screen 0x00000050 when installing BENT SBS

    Hello Pedro,

    Your problem is caused by the OFO driver OTMAN5.SYS. It doesn't like the
    ServerRaid Controller.

    You need to set driver and firmware versions 4.5 for the ServerRaid
    Controller.

    It is documented here http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/231292.htm

    Although the documentation says that you need version 4.5 or higher, I have
    seen blue screens occuring with higher versions. So I strongly suggest you
    get version 4.5 from IBM.

    In the meantime, you can try installing Backup Exec without selecting the
    Open File Option.

    I hope this helps a little

    Real Dude