Media Set creation con't - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media Set creation con't - Veritas Backup Exec ; Got ahold of the PVL.MDB for BENT 8.5. Stopped the services, verfied file is writeable and restarted the services. The default Media 1 is back, but I still cannot create my own media sets. Also, when I did my first ...

  1. Media Set creation con't

    Got ahold of the PVL.MDB for BENT 8.5. Stopped the services, verfied file
    is writeable and restarted the services.

    The default Media 1 is back, but I still cannot create my own media sets.
    Also, when I did my first backup, I could not select Media Set 1 from the

    drop down box.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Media Set creation con't

    You might consider re-installing the software.

    "Bob Smith" wrote in message

    > Got ahold of the PVL.MDB for BENT 8.5. Stopped the services, verfied file
    > is writeable and restarted the services.
    >
    > The default Media 1 is back, but I still cannot create my own media sets.
    > Also, when I did my first backup, I could not select Media Set 1 from the
    >
    > drop down box.
    >
    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread