Command line interfac for Backup Exec Desktop Edition version 4 ? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Command line interfac for Backup Exec Desktop Edition version 4 ? - Veritas Backup Exec ; To simplify my work on a NT client (like creating data packages, transfering them to several servers and saving on backup media) , i like to start previously created backup jobs from batchfiles. I found no information about this, neither ...

  1. Command line interfac for Backup Exec Desktop Edition version 4 ?

    To simplify my work on a NT client (like creating data packages,
    transfering them to several servers and saving on backup media) , i like to
    start previously created backup jobs from batchfiles.

    I found no information about this, neither in the docunentation nor in
    veritas support system or newsgroups.

    Has anyone knowledge about launching jobs in that way?

  2. Re: Command line interfac for Backup Exec Desktop Edition version 4 ?

    Probably need to ask this in the BackupExec Desktop forum http://support.veritas.com/menu_ddPr...EDSKTOPEDT.htm.
    This is the forum for Windows Server Products

    "Stefan D." wrote:
    >To simplify my work on a NT client (like creating data packages,
    >transfering them to several servers and saving on backup media) , i like

    >start previously created backup jobs from batchfiles.
    >
    >I found no information about this, neither in the docunentation nor in
    >veritas support system or newsgroups.
    >
    >Has anyone knowledge about launching jobs in that way?

  3. Re: Command line interfac for Backup Exec Desktop Edition version 4 ?

    Hello Stefan,

    Unfortunately Backup Exec Desktop Edition does not have command line
    interface.

    If it is absolutely necessary for you to have a command line interface and
    if your the size of your environment warrants this, you might consider an
    application like Backup Exec which has a command line interface called
    Bemcmd.exe.

    You can download Backup Exec 8.6 German version and evaluate it free for
    60 days here

    I hope this helps a little

    Real Dude

    "Stefan D." wrote in message
    > To simplify my work on a NT client (like creating data packages,
    > transfering them to several servers and saving on backup media) , i like

    > start previously created backup jobs from batchfiles.
    >
    > I found no information about this, neither in the docunentation nor in
    > veritas support system or newsgroups.
    >
    > Has anyone knowledge about launching jobs in that way?

+ Reply to Thread