Sun Solaris Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Sun Solaris Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; We added a Sun Solaris 8 to our win 2000 network, Do I need a new server to backup the sun server or I can back it up from my current Win2000 backup server. What would I need to make ...

  1. Sun Solaris Server

    We added a Sun Solaris 8 to our win 2000 network, Do I need a new server to
    backup the sun server or I can back it up from my current Win2000 backup
    server. What would I need to make this new backup scheme work?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Sun Solaris Server

    You need to install the Unix Agent on the Solaris Server, and as of now it's
    still free.

    Grab the latest Agent from http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/241420.htm

    "Gustavo Lazarte" wrote:

    >We added a Sun Solaris 8 to our win 2000 network, Do I need a new server

    >backup the sun server or I can back it up from my current Win2000 backup
    >server. What would I need to make this new backup scheme work?
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread