Open files skipped. Which option do I need? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Open files skipped. Which option do I need? - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have a client that has some software that includes its own database. Apparently the database is built on SQL, but a full version of SQL is not installed. The SQL Server Desktop Engine is all that is needed on ...

  1. Open files skipped. Which option do I need?

    We have a client that has some software that includes its own database. Apparently
    the database is built on SQL, but a full version of SQL is not installed.
    The SQL Server Desktop Engine is all that is needed on the server. The
    following files show as being skipped:

    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\ARTADeposit.mdf
    in use - skipped.
    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\ARTADeposit_log.ldf
    in use - skipped.
    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\master.mdf
    in use - skipped.
    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\mastlog.ldf
    in use - skipped.
    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\model.mdf
    in use - skipped.
    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\modellog.ldf
    in use - skipped.
    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\msdbdata.mdf
    in use - skipped.
    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\msdblog.ldf
    in use - skipped.
    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\tempdb.mdf
    in use - skipped.
    The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\templog.ldf
    in use - skipped.

    Will the SQL agent work with SQL Server Desktop Engine, or will the Open
    File Option take care of this? Please let me know as soon as possible.
    I would like to get responses via e-mail if possible. Thanks...

    Shawn Cannon

  2. Re: Open files skipped. Which option do I need?

    "Shawn Cannon" wrote:

    >We have a client that has some software that includes its own database.

    Apparently
    >the database is built on SQL, but a full version of SQL is not installed.
    > The SQL Server Desktop Engine is all that is needed on the server. The
    >following files show as being skipped:
    >
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\ARTADeposit.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\ARTADeposit_log.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\master.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\mastlog.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\model.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\modellog.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\msdbdata.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\msdblog.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\tempdb.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\templog.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >
    >Will the SQL agent work with SQL Server Desktop Engine, or will the Open
    >File Option take care of this? Please let me know as soon as possible.

    >I would like to get responses via e-mail if possible. Thanks...
    >
    >Shawn Cannon

  3. Re: Open files skipped. Which option do I need?

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/242688.htm

    "Shawn Cannon" wrote:

    >We have a client that has some software that includes its own database.

    Apparently
    >the database is built on SQL, but a full version of SQL is not installed.
    > The SQL Server Desktop Engine is all that is needed on the server. The
    >following files show as being skipped:
    >
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\ARTADeposit.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\ARTADeposit_log.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\master.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\mastlog.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\model.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\modellog.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\msdbdata.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\msdblog.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\tempdb.mdf
    >in use - skipped.
    >The item \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ARTADEPOSIT\Data\templog.ldf
    >in use - skipped.
    >
    >Will the SQL agent work with SQL Server Desktop Engine, or will the Open
    >File Option take care of this? Please let me know as soon as possible.

    >I would like to get responses via e-mail if possible. Thanks...
    >
    >Shawn Cannon

+ Reply to Thread