Enhanced SQL Server Agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Enhanced SQL Server Agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using Backup Exec V7.2 and have recently upgrade my SQL server to V7.0. I can now no longer attach to the database with my SQL agent. I have read on this web site about the "Enhanced SQL Server ...

  1. Enhanced SQL Server Agent

    I am using Backup Exec V7.2 and have recently upgrade my SQL server to V7.0.
    I can now no longer attach to the database with my SQL agent. I have read
    on this web site about the "Enhanced SQL Server Agent". Is this what come
    with 7.2 SQL Agent or is this a download or upgrade that I can obtain.

    Am I looking along the right lines?
    Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards

    Jacqui

  2. Re: Enhanced SQL Server Agent

    7.2 should handle SQL V7, but I'd STRONGLY suggest that you grab the
    free upgrade to v7.3 2575. As far as I'm concerned all v7.2 builds and
    the early v7.3 builds were all BETA code and still full of bugs.

    BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    POST2575 (See the readme to determine if any apply)
    SPANFIX
    MEDIAFIX_234341 (You want to get to 2575 just for this one, believe m
    Jacqui wrote:

    >I am using Backup Exec V7.2 and have recently upgrade my SQL server to V7.0.
    > I can now no longer attach to the database with my SQL agent. I have read
    >on this web site about the "Enhanced SQL Server Agent". Is this what come
    >with 7.2 SQL Agent or is this a download or upgrade that I can obtain.
    >
    >Am I looking along the right lines?
    >Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Jacqui

  3. Re: Enhanced SQL Server Agent

    Thanks.
    Can you advise me where I get the update from. I've checked the downloads
    on this site and I can't see it.

    Jacqui

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >7.2 should handle SQL V7, but I'd STRONGLY suggest that you grab the
    >free upgrade to v7.3 2575. As far as I'm concerned all v7.2 builds and

    >the early v7.3 builds were all BETA code and still full of bugs.
    >
    >BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    >POST2575 (See the readme to determine if any apply)
    >SPANFIX
    >MEDIAFIX_234341 (You want to get to 2575 just for this one, believe m
    >Jacqui wrote:
    >
    >>I am using Backup Exec V7.2 and have recently upgrade my SQL server to

    V7.0.
    >> I can now no longer attach to the database with my SQL agent. I have

    read
    >>on this web site about the "Enhanced SQL Server Agent". Is this what come
    >>with 7.2 SQL Agent or is this a download or upgrade that I can obtain.

    >>Am I looking along the right lines?
    >>Any help would be appreciated.
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>
    >>Jacqui

  4. Re: Enhanced SQL Server Agent

    Go to the downloads page at http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...dProduct=BEWNT
    (URL may be wrapped)

    and filter for v7.3 and your prefered language.

    "Jacqui" wrote:

    >Thanks.
    >Can you advise me where I get the update from. I've checked the downloads
    >on this site and I can't see it.
    >
    >Jacqui
    >

    >Ken Putnam wrote:
    >>7.2 should handle SQL V7, but I'd STRONGLY suggest that you grab the
    >>free upgrade to v7.3 2575. As far as I'm concerned all v7.2 builds and

    >>the early v7.3 builds were all BETA code and still full of bugs.
    >>
    >>BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    >>POST2575 (See the readme to determine if any apply)
    >>SPANFIX
    >>MEDIAFIX_234341 (You want to get to 2575 just for this one, believe m
    >>Jacqui wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am using Backup Exec V7.2 and have recently upgrade my SQL server to

    >V7.0.
    >>> I can now no longer attach to the database with my SQL agent. I have

    >read
    >>>on this web site about the "Enhanced SQL Server Agent". Is this what

    come
    >>>with 7.2 SQL Agent or is this a download or upgrade that I can obtain.

    >>>Am I looking along the right lines?
    >>>Any help would be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>Regards
    >>>
    >>>Jacqui

  5. Re: Enhanced SQL Server Agent

    Cheers found it :-)

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >Go to the downloads page at http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...dProduct=BEWNT
    >(URL may be wrapped)
    >
    >and filter for v7.3 and your prefered language.
    >
    >"Jacqui" wrote:
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >>Can you advise me where I get the update from. I've checked the downloads
    >>on this site and I can't see it.
    >>
    >>Jacqui
    >>

    >>Ken Putnam wrote:
    >>>7.2 should handle SQL V7, but I'd STRONGLY suggest that you grab the
    >>>free upgrade to v7.3 2575. As far as I'm concerned all v7.2 builds and

    >>>the early v7.3 builds were all BETA code and still full of bugs.
    >>>
    >>>BNT73I03 (English/Intel)
    >>>POST2575 (See the readme to determine if any apply)
    >>>SPANFIX
    >>>MEDIAFIX_234341 (You want to get to 2575 just for this one, believe m

    >>V7.0.

    >>read

    >come

+ Reply to Thread