Back up configuration file - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Back up configuration file - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using Backup Exec v7.3. Can someone tell me how to maintain the configuration file for future reinstallation purpose. Thanks, Ray...

  1. Back up configuration file

    I am using Backup Exec v7.3. Can someone tell me how to maintain the configuration
    file for future reinstallation purpose.

    Thanks,

    Ray

  2. Re: Back up configuration file

    Hello,
    To retain all the settings pertaining to BENT, keep backup of the following,
    found under \program files\veritas\backup exec\nt
    - Data & Catalog folder (Job associated data and Restore Seelctions data,
    respectively)
    - PVL.MDB file (device settings)

    Cheers to BENT

    JG

    "Ray Li" wrote:

    >I am using Backup Exec v7.3. Can someone tell me how to maintain the configuration
    >file for future reinstallation purpose.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Ray

  3. Re: Back up configuration file - Thanks to JG!

    "JG" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >To retain all the settings pertaining to BENT, keep backup of the following,
    >found under \program files\veritas\backup exec\nt
    >- Data & Catalog folder (Job associated data and Restore Seelctions data,
    >respectively)
    >- PVL.MDB file (device settings)
    >
    >Cheers to BENT
    >
    >JG
    >
    >"Ray Li" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am using Backup Exec v7.3. Can someone tell me how to maintain the configuration
    >>file for future reinstallation purpose.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Ray

+ Reply to Thread