POS - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on POS - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is BENT really a POS as it seems to be based upon reading on this board? There must be more stable, fewer bugs available in other products for backing up heter OSs?...

  1. POS

    Is BENT really a POS as it seems to be based upon reading on this board?

    There must be more stable, fewer bugs available in other products
    for backing up heter OSs?

  2. Re: POS

    What makes you to come to the conslusion that BENT is a POS? Have you read
    the administrative manual and optiosn manual at all? I have minimal or no
    problems at all with BENT. I've tried several products and BENT has the
    least bugs compare to everything else I used. Have you tried ARCServe?
    You'll puke within the first hour or two if you do so. If you are trying to
    backup other OSs, then obtain platform specific backup software.

    "Buster" wrote in message news:3d657d19$1@hronntp01....

    > Is BENT really a POS as it seems to be based upon reading on this board?
    >
    > There must be more stable, fewer bugs available in other products
    > for backing up heter OSs?

  3. Re: POS

    I read a lot of grousing on this board, but I haven't had any problems that
    couldn't be fixed with a dose of RTFM.

    I'm fortunate to be running BENT on some high-end hardware; I realize that
    other people out there might have to support more chewing gum/bailing wire
    configurations, but at least in my case, BENT is working fine.

    "Buster" wrote in message news:3d657d19$1@hronntp01....

    > Is BENT really a POS as it seems to be based upon reading on this board?
    >
    > There must be more stable, fewer bugs available in other products
    > for backing up heter OSs?

+ Reply to Thread