Multiple file types? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Multiple file types? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi All, Just wondering how to add multiple files types when you don't want to backup everything. i.e. \\mypc\C$\thisdir\*.doc,*.xls Whats the delimiter? or do you have to add a seperate line? Thanks, Kristian...

  1. Multiple file types?

    Hi All,

    Just wondering how to add multiple files types when you don't want to backup
    everything.

    i.e. \\mypc\C$\thisdir\*.doc,*.xls

    Whats the delimiter? or do you have to add a seperate line?

    Thanks,

    Kristian

  2. Re: Multiple file types?

    One line per included file type or one line per excluded file type.

    "Kristian Davies" wrote:
    >Hi All,
    >
    >Just wondering how to add multiple files types when you don't want to backup
    >everything.
    >
    >i.e. \\mypc\C$\thisdir\*.doc,*.xls
    >
    >Whats the delimiter? or do you have to add a seperate line?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Kristian

  3. Re: Multiple file types?

    Soo.. if i want to backup say each users c:\documents and settings\USER\my
    documents\*.doc,*.xls

    Would i ...
    1) Have 2 includes \\*\*\documents and settings\*\my documents\*.doc
    \\*\*\documents and settings\*\my documents\*.xls
    and then have one line per user for exclude..
    \\*\*\documents and settings\*\my documents\*.* /exclude

    2) Add 2 entries for each user one for *.doc and one for *.xls

    Also the remote agent that is free for 2k prof and ntws is it on the bent cd
    or can i download it?

    Cheers,

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > One line per included file type or one line per excluded file type.
    >
    > "Kristian Davies" wrote:
    > >Hi All,
    > >
    > >Just wondering how to add multiple files types when you don't want to

    backup
    > >everything.
    > >
    > >i.e. \\mypc\C$\thisdir\*.doc,*.xls
    > >
    > >Whats the delimiter? or do you have to add a seperate line?
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >
    > >Kristian

  4. Re: Multiple file types?

    Unless they've fixed it recently, once you break from the wild card as a level
    identifier, you cannot go back to one. ie
    \\*\*\documents and settings is valid and
    \\*\*\*\*\Share1\*.doc is valid but
    \\*\*\documents and settings\*\*.doc is not

    You may be stuck grabbing all DOC and XLS files like this:

    \\*\*\documents and settings\*.doc /subdir
    \\*\*\documents and settings\*.xls /subdir

    "Kristian Davies" wrote:
    >Soo.. if i want to backup say each users c:\documents and settings\USER\my
    >documents\*.doc,*.xls
    >
    >Would i ...
    >1) Have 2 includes \\*\*\documents and settings\*\my documents\*.doc
    >\\*\*\documents and settings\*\my documents\*.xls
    >and then have one line per user for exclude..
    >\\*\*\documents and settings\*\my documents\*.* /exclude
    >
    >2) Add 2 entries for each user one for *.doc and one for *.xls
    >
    >Also the remote agent that is free for 2k prof and ntws is it on the bent

    cd
    >or can i download it?
    >
    >Cheers,
    >

    >"Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    >>
    >> One line per included file type or one line per excluded file type.
    >>
    >> "Kristian Davies" wrote:
    >> >Hi All,
    >> >
    >> >Just wondering how to add multiple files types when you don't want to

    >backup
    >> >everything.
    >> >
    >> >i.e. \\mypc\C$\thisdir\*.doc,*.xls
    >> >
    >> >Whats the delimiter? or do you have to add a seperate line?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks,
    >> >
    >> >Kristian

+ Reply to Thread