Permissions Prob - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Permissions Prob - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm using BENT v7.3 and I'm getting access denied to non-shared folders where the EVERYONE group has NTFS permissions: Full Control. These folders are on a drive being backed-up via "User Defined Shares". I'm able to drill through these folders ...

  1. Permissions Prob

    I'm using BENT v7.3 and I'm getting access denied to non-shared folders where
    the EVERYONE group has NTFS permissions: Full Control.
    These folders are on a drive being backed-up via "User Defined Shares".
    I'm able to drill through these folders using the acct I'm logged in with
    as well as the acct I used to "Connect As" via the defined share.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Bob

  2. Re: Permissions Prob

    If you logon to the Backup Server as the BackupExec service account, can yo
    still browse the folders?

    Is the Remote Agent (if you are using it) running as a specified user or
    as the System Account?

    "BobCo" wrote:

    >I'm using BENT v7.3 and I'm getting access denied to non-shared folders

    where
    >the EVERYONE group has NTFS permissions: Full Control.
    >These folders are on a drive being backed-up via "User Defined Shares".
    >I'm able to drill through these folders using the acct I'm logged in with
    >as well as the acct I used to "Connect As" via the defined share.
    >Any thoughts?
    >Thanks,
    >Bob

  3. Re: Permissions Prob

    Thanks Ken!
    bacup server with the service acct as well as other accts. No, the remote
    server does not run an accelerator agent.
    I'm pretty stumped on this one. For the time being I'm going to copy the
    folder(s) in question to another folder on the same partition with the same
    privs and see what happens.
    Once again, Thanks!
    Bob

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >If you logon to the Backup Server as the BackupExec service account, can

    yo
    >still browse the folders?
    >
    >Is the Remote Agent (if you are using it) running as a specified user or
    >as the System Account?
    >
    >"BobCo" wrote:
    >>
    >>I'm using BENT v7.3 and I'm getting access denied to non-shared folders

    >where
    >>the EVERYONE group has NTFS permissions: Full Control.
    >>These folders are on a drive being backed-up via "User Defined Shares".
    >>I'm able to drill through these folders using the acct I'm logged in with
    >>as well as the acct I used to "Connect As" via the defined share.
    >>Any thoughts?
    >>Thanks,
    >>Bob

+ Reply to Thread