Restoring from an unscheduled backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restoring from an unscheduled backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I ran a full backup on a system yesterday, prior to formatting and installing a new OS. This is not a job that I had saved in veritas. The backup ran fine, but I don't have the option to ...

  1. Restoring from an unscheduled backup

    Hello,
    I ran a full backup on a system yesterday, prior to formatting and installing
    a new OS. This is not a job that I had saved in veritas. The backup ran
    fine, but I don't have the option to restore from it. How do I add the computer
    I backed up to the restore list so I can restore a couple excel files?

    Thanks!
    Danny

  2. Re: Restoring from an unscheduled backup

    If the backup ran successfully, shouldn't matter if it is scheduled or run
    now.

    What happens if you try to catalog the tape?
    insert tape
    inventory
    catalog

    You migh also try http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm

    "Dano" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I ran a full backup on a system yesterday, prior to formatting and installing
    >a new OS. This is not a job that I had saved in veritas. The backup ran
    >fine, but I don't have the option to restore from it. How do I add the

    computer
    >I backed up to the restore list so I can restore a couple excel files?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >Danny

+ Reply to Thread