Backupexec error. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backupexec error. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi i am running Backupexec 8.6 - with all the patches applied on a Win2K DC. I am trying to backup a linux server running redhat 7.1 (client installed acording to the documentation supplied by veritas), when I try to ...

  1. Backupexec error.

    Hi i am running Backupexec 8.6 - with all the patches applied on a Win2K DC.
    I am trying to
    backup a linux server running redhat 7.1 (client installed acording to the
    documentation supplied by veritas),
    when I try to select the server from "Backup Selections" I get the following
    error.

    "The server has refused the network connection or is out of network
    connections"

    What is this ??? can anyone help.

    Thanks.

    Lars Roland

  2. Re: Backupexec error.

    Confirm that you have network connectivity between Win2k machien and the
    Linux box. Try ping from both sides using the host name.

    Check the agent.cfg file in etc\bkupexec. Review the password line. I
    suggest entering the root password.

    Check the tell line and ensure that no one has accidently removed the Win2k
    box host name from it.

    Back to Backup Exec, go the the backup selections and under the Unix Agents
    icon, select the your Linux box, right-click on it and select Attach as.
    Enter the credentials for root.

    I believe that should do it!

    The Real Dude
    "Lars Roland" wrote in message
    > Hi i am running Backupexec 8.6 - with all the patches applied on a Win2K

    DC.
    > I am trying to
    > backup a linux server running redhat 7.1 (client installed acording to the
    > documentation supplied by veritas),
    > when I try to select the server from "Backup Selections" I get the

    following
    > error.
    >
    > "The server has refused the network connection or is out of network
    > connections"
    >
    > What is this ??? can anyone help.
    >

    > Thanks.
    >

    > Lars Roland