OFO: Volume name is invalid or not available. How do I get rid of the msg? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on OFO: Volume name is invalid or not available. How do I get rid of the msg? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I tried turning off all OFO options, but I still get the error msg. How can I turn off OFO? -- - Prince Of Thieves NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com...

  1. OFO: Volume name is invalid or not available. How do I get rid of the msg?

    --

    - Prince Of Thieves
    NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com

  2. Re: Volume name is invalid or not available. How do I get rid of the msg?

    You would usually get this error message when you have configured OFO to
    use a particular path for the static volume and path is invalid, does not
    exist or is a UNC path. See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233969.htm

    You could run the OFO Wizard to either set the Stativ volume location to
    default or correct the currently specified path.

    This could also occur if you are running Compaq SanWorks Virtual Replicator
    software (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/245547.htm). It has also been
    seen when running EZ CD Creator 5 on the machine that is being backed up
    (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237287.htm).

    If you wish to turn off OFO, you can do this on a per job basis or you can
    set it as your server's default configuration.

    For the first one, in Backup Job Properties, select the Advanced tab and
    under Open File backup, uncheck the box that says "Use Open File Option
    if available".

    For the latter, go to Tools | Options, select the Backup tab and under Open
    file backup, uncheck the "Use Open File Option if available" box.

    The Real Dude

    "Prince Of Thieves" wrote in message
    > I tried turning off all OFO options, but I still get the error msg. How

    can
    > I turn off OFO?
    >
    > --
    >
    > - Prince Of Thieves
    > NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com

  3. Re: Volume name is invalid or not available. How do I get rid of the msg?

    Thanks Real Dude,

    I am assuming that EZCD is my problem. I can't remove it so I'm hoping there
    is a solution whereby I can keep both on the same system and still be able
    to use OFO (?)

    Wrt turning off the OFO, I have unselected everything as you suggested, but
    I still get the error! What should I do to turn OFO off?

    --

    - Prince Of Thieves
    NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com

    "Real Dude" wrote in message
    > You would usually get this error message when you have configured OFO to
    > use a particular path for the static volume and path is invalid, does not
    > exist or is a UNC path. See

    > You could run the OFO Wizard to either set the Stativ volume location to
    > default or correct the currently specified path.
    >
    > This could also occur if you are running Compaq SanWorks Virtual

    Replicator
    > software (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/245547.htm). It has also

    been
    > seen when running EZ CD Creator 5 on the machine that is being backed up
    > (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237287.htm).
    >
    > If you wish to turn off OFO, you can do this on a per job basis or you can
    > set it as your server's default configuration.
    >
    > For the first one, in Backup Job Properties, select the Advanced tab and
    > under Open File backup, uncheck the box that says "Use Open File Option
    > if available".
    >
    > For the latter, go to Tools | Options, select the Backup tab and under

    Open
    > file backup, uncheck the "Use Open File Option if available" box.
    >
    > The Real Dude
    >
    > "Prince Of Thieves" wrote in message
    > > I tried turning off all OFO options, but I still get the error msg. How

    > can
    > > I turn off OFO?
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > - Prince Of Thieves
    > > NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com

  4. Re: Volume name is invalid or not available. How do I get rid of the msg?

    If things are that bad you can just unisntall OFO from the machine you are
    trying to back up. You need to go into the Control Panel and Add/Remove
    Programs and remove Open File Option. This might require a reboot though.

    I am just thinking if by any chance you have a recurring job that include
    that server. You should find it in the Jobs definition. Double-click on
    that job and go to the selection tab and uncheck that server so that it is
    no longer included in this job definition.

    You can configure one separate job without OFO for this one server whilst
    the other machines can still be using OFO in the existing job definition.

    I hope this helps a little

    Take it easy, my man!

    > Thanks Real Dude,
    >
    > I am assuming that EZCD is my problem. I can't remove it so I'm hoping

    there
    > is a solution whereby I can keep both on the same system and still be able
    > to use OFO (?)
    >
    > Wrt turning off the OFO, I have unselected everything as you suggested,

    but
    > I still get the error! What should I do to turn OFO off?
    >
    > --
    >
    > - Prince Of Thieves
    > NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com
    >

    > "Real Dude" wrote in message
    > > You would usually get this error message when you have configured OFO

    > > use a particular path for the static volume and path is invalid, does

    not
    > > exist or is a UNC path. See

    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/233969.htm
    > >
    > > You could run the OFO Wizard to either set the Stativ volume location to
    > > default or correct the currently specified path.
    > >
    > > This could also occur if you are running Compaq SanWorks Virtual

    > Replicator
    > > software (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/245547.htm). It has also

    > been
    > > seen when running EZ CD Creator 5 on the machine that is being backed up
    > > (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237287.htm).
    > >
    > > If you wish to turn off OFO, you can do this on a per job basis or you

    can
    > > set it as your server's default configuration.
    > >
    > > For the first one, in Backup Job Properties, select the Advanced tab and
    > > under Open File backup, uncheck the box that says "Use Open File

    Option
    > > if available".
    > >
    > > For the latter, go to Tools | Options, select the Backup tab and under

    > Open
    > > file backup, uncheck the "Use Open File Option if available" box.
    > >
    > > The Real Dude
    > >
    > > "Prince Of Thieves" wrote in message
    > > > I tried turning off all OFO options, but I still get the error msg.

    How
    > > can
    > > > I turn off OFO?
    > > >
    > > > --