OFO - Works & works not!!?? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on OFO - Works & works not!!?? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have OFO installed on one remote server with several shares. It works on \\server\c$, \\server\q$ but not on \\server\L$. The error is the usual "OFO: Insufficient system resources exist to initialize OFO". Cannot really find any reason why it ...

  1. OFO - Works & works not!!??

    I have OFO installed on one remote server with several shares. It works on
    \\server\c$, \\server\q$ but not on \\server\L$. The error is the usual "OFO:
    Insufficient system resources exist to initialize OFO".
    Cannot really find any reason why it works on most but not all?

  2. Re: OFO - Works & works not!!??

    Running out or disk space on the drive where the OFO data is being saved?

    --

    - Prince Of Thieves
    NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com

    "Lars Rystedt" wrote in message

    > I have OFO installed on one remote server with several shares. It works on
    > \\server\c$, \\server\q$ but not on \\server\L$. The error is the usual

    "OFO:
    > Insufficient system resources exist to initialize OFO".
    > Cannot really find any reason why it works on most but not all?

  3. Re: OFO - Works & works not!!??

    No, hard to believe. Itīs at least 30Gb availible...

    "Prince Of Thieves" wrote:
    >Running out or disk space on the drive where the OFO data is being saved?
    >
    >--
    >
    >- Prince Of Thieves
    >NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com
    >

    >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have OFO installed on one remote server with several shares. It works

    on
    >> \\server\c$, \\server\q$ but not on \\server\L$. The error is the usual

    >"OFO:
    >> Insufficient system resources exist to initialize OFO".
    >> Cannot really find any reason why it works on most but not all?

  4. Re: OFO - Works & works not!!??

    Note that there is a patch for such a problem on the Veritas web site!

    --

    > No, hard to believe. Itīs at least 30Gb availible...
    >

    > "Prince Of Thieves" wrote:
    > >Running out or disk space on the drive where the OFO data is being saved?
    > >
    > >--
    > >
    > >- Prince Of Thieves
    > >NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com
    > >

    > >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I have OFO installed on one remote server with several shares. It works

    > on
    > >> \\server\c$, \\server\q$ but not on \\server\L$. The error is the usual

    > >"OFO:
    > >> Insufficient system resources exist to initialize OFO".
    > >> Cannot really find any reason why it works on most but not all?

  5. Re: OFO - Works & works not!!??

    The patch is already installed.

    "Prince Of Thieves" wrote:
    >Note that there is a patch for such a problem on the Veritas web site!
    >
    >--
    >
    >- Prince Of Thieves
    >NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com
    >

    >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message
    >>
    >> No, hard to believe. Itīs at least 30Gb availible...
    >>

    >> "Prince Of Thieves" wrote:
    >> >Running out or disk space on the drive where the OFO data is being saved?
    >> >
    >> >--
    >> >
    >> >- Prince Of Thieves
    >> >NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com
    >> >

    >> >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message

    >> on
    >> >"OFO:

  6. Re: OFO - Works & works not!!??

    Installed on both the OFO server and the media server?

    > The patch is already installed.
    >
    > "Prince Of Thieves" wrote:
    > >Note that there is a patch for such a problem on the Veritas web site!
    > >
    > >--
    > >
    > >- Prince Of Thieves
    > >NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com
    > >

    > >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> No, hard to believe. Itīs at least 30Gb availible...

    saved?

    works
    > >> on

    usual

  7. Re: OFO - Works & works not!!??

    Lars,

    You can try significantly reducing the initial size of the Static Volume.

    Your maximum size can be set to about 10% of the used disk space. If you
    have several volumes or patitions you would take the 10% from the volume
    that has the most used space.

    You might also consider increasing the size of your paging file. It is not
    a bad idea to have 1.5xRAM

    The Real Dude

    > The patch is already installed.
    >
    > "Prince Of Thieves" wrote:
    > >Note that there is a patch for such a problem on the Veritas web site!
    > >
    > >--
    > >
    > >- Prince Of Thieves
    > >NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com
    > >

    > >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> No, hard to believe. Itīs at least 30Gb availible...

    saved?

    works
    > >> on

    usual

  8. Re: OFO - Works & works not!!??

    Yes, itīs installed at both servers, at all our servers actually.

    "Joe Stern" wrote:
    >Installed on both the OFO server and the media server?
    >
    >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message
    >>
    >> The patch is already installed.
    >>
    >> "Prince Of Thieves" wrote:
    >> >Note that there is a patch for such a problem on the Veritas web site!
    >> >
    >> >--
    >> >
    >> >- Prince Of Thieves
    >> >NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com
    >> >

    >> >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message

    >saved?

    >works

    >usual

  9. Re: OFO - Works & works not!!??

    Thanks, Iīll will change amount diskspace see if it will work better.

    "Real Dude" wrote:
    >Lars,
    >
    >You can try significantly reducing the initial size of the Static Volume.
    >
    > Your maximum size can be set to about 10% of the used disk space. If you
    >have several volumes or patitions you would take the 10% from the volume
    >that has the most used space.
    >
    >You might also consider increasing the size of your paging file. It is

    not
    >a bad idea to have 1.5xRAM
    >
    >The Real Dude
    >
    >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message
    >>
    >> The patch is already installed.
    >>
    >> "Prince Of Thieves" wrote:
    >> >Note that there is a patch for such a problem on the Veritas web site!
    >> >
    >> >--
    >> >
    >> >- Prince Of Thieves
    >> >NOSPAM_thief_@hotmail.com
    >> >

    >> >"Lars Rystedt" wrote in message