error: Unable to open... CoBESetup (120)(-2147024891) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on error: Unable to open... CoBESetup (120)(-2147024891) - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to install the remote agent for Backup Exec 8.6 to a server that I have Windows 2000 with Exchange 2000 running on, and I get the message "Unable to open registry key. CoBESetup (120)(-2147024891). I had reset ...

  1. error: Unable to open... CoBESetup (120)(-2147024891)

    I am trying to install the remote agent for Backup Exec 8.6 to a server that
    I have Windows 2000 with Exchange 2000 running on, and I get the message
    "Unable to open registry key. CoBESetup (120)(-2147024891).

    I had reset the computer account of this server and had to rejoin the domain
    and do a little touching up of the databases, but most everything is working
    correctly now, with the exception of this problem that I am having. Any
    help is appreciated.

  2. Re: error: Unable to open... CoBESetup (120)(-2147024891)

    Hello David,

    This error usually occurs when the remote registry service is not started on
    the target machine. Just go into the service and start the Remote Registry
    service, then try the installation again. See

    Alternatively you take the Backup Exec CD to the machine where you wish to
    install the Remote Agent and perform local install a.k.a Silent Install by
    executing the bactch file setupaa.cmd located in NTAA folder on the CD. See

    I hope this helps

    The Real Dude

    "David Jameson" wrote in message

    > I am trying to install the remote agent for Backup Exec 8.6 to a server

    that
    > I have Windows 2000 with Exchange 2000 running on, and I get the message
    > "Unable to open registry key. CoBESetup (120)(-2147024891).
    >
    > I had reset the computer account of this server and had to rejoin the

    domain
    > and do a little touching up of the databases, but most everything is

    working
    > correctly now, with the exception of this problem that I am having. Any
    > help is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread