Installing 2000 over NT 4 WS - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Installing 2000 over NT 4 WS - Veritas Backup Exec ; I installed 2000 server over NT 4 Workstation and changed the server name I can access the Veritas folder and open Backup Exec but when I try to enter the information I get "Application system service not responding". Is there ...

  1. Installing 2000 over NT 4 WS

    I installed 2000 server over NT 4 Workstation and changed the server name
    I can access the Veritas folder and open Backup Exec but when I try to enter
    the information I get "Application system service not responding". Is there
    a way to either restore or repair the existing application without having
    to do a full re-install?

  2. Re: Installing 2000 over NT 4 WS

    There is, but the re-install faster and easier.

    BENT sticks the machine anf domain names in a bunch of different places
    in the registry.

    Just re-install to the same location and all locally defined info (jobs,
    media sets, partitions, etc) ought tp be carried forward.

    Jerry wrote:

    >I installed 2000 server over NT 4 Workstation and changed the server name
    >I can access the Veritas folder and open Backup Exec but when I try to enter
    >the information I get "Application system service not responding". Is there
    >a way to either restore or repair the existing application without having
    >to do a full re-install?

+ Reply to Thread